Sunday, May 8, 2011

Time for those little things....

Hi everyone! I had the greatest of intentions to blog before the end of April so that I could share my smaller monthly finishes but, well, it just didn’t happen. So, here I am with a couple of April finishes even though we’re heading into the second week of May! First up, here’s my latest finish from Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar stitched on 32ct vintage mocha linen using the suggested threads.

Then, here’s the ornament I stitched for April. This is an older Homespun Elegance chart, Blessings, and I stitched this one on a piece of blue linen from my stash and the suggested threads. Not finished, finished as this is one I’ll be sending off for someone else to do!!!!

Continuing on with the Christmas theme, here’s the fourth block from PS ‘The 12 Days of Christmas’. Stitched on the suggested linen (32ct natural light) and threads.

I’m not planning to make these into little pillows until I’ve them all completed so at some point I will need to stitch a couple each month to give myself time to finish them for Christmas (hopefully this Christmas!). Here's a pic of the four completed already.

And then I want to share this one with you. KarenV over at My Favourite Things has started a new venture in offering a finishing service. I’ve always loved how she finished her stitching so was thrilled when I heard what she was planning. This is the wonderful job she did on my LHN ‘He’s a Flake’. I love what she did with him, my only request was that she finish him as a flat-backed ornament and I left everything else up to her. If you’re not familiar with Karen’s blog go check it out, she does the loveliest things. You can click on the links above or find her in the blog list in the sidebar.

And last, but by no means least, thank you everyone for the lovely comments you left on my last post about my Birds and Berries Needlebook. You sure know how to make a girl feel good and I really appreciate that so many took time to leave me a comment.

Until next time ….

20 comments:

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Lois and love your HE ornament. You're doing well on the 12 Days ornaments :)

Karen made a gorgeous job of finishing your LHN ornament.

Myra said...

All your little things are wonderful Lois. I especially like the HE piece - so pretty on that linen. Your "flake" ornament turned out so pretty too. I hope you are having a great weekend!

Chris said...

Hi Lois.
You have gotten a lot stitched and finished.
Everything looks great.
Happy mother's day!

Margaret said...

I just love all your stitching! Wow! Beautiful pieces all! And Karen did a great job on finishing that ornie too!

Christine said...

Some lovely finishes there and Karen made a wonderful job of finishing He's a flake

KarenV said...

Great finishes Lois, you've been busy! The monthly cushion series is lovely and that ornament is so sweet! Does the button come with the chart? If it's included, I might see about getting that one.

Thank you again for agreeing to be my "guinea pig" with He's a Flake :)

Melissa said...

Lovely Lovely finishes, Lois! You've been so productive! I love how Karen finished the snowman too!

Laura said...

Well, you have my heart racing!! I love all of these projects!!!!! I have the chart from Nicky's Creations and I want to stitch all of the ones you did! The bowl you have them in is so cool! Is it old? Antique? New and I can get it somewhere???

Lesleyanne said...

All of your finishes are lovely. He's a flake is stunning.

Berit said...

Great work on your needlebook!

Love the sweet prim edgings you stitched on your Prim Calender pieces.

You're really making my "I want 2011's christmas ornament finished in before the season starts" spot itch with all these lovelies. :D Thanks for sharing the finishing you asked Karen to do, too. :D

Annie said...

Lots of cute stitching there. Karen really did a nice job to complement the pretty ornament!

valerie said...

Love all your seasonal finishes! The Niky designs look so cute displayed in your bowl.

Natalia said...

Very cute finishes, Lois !!

Giovanna said...

They're all great finishes, and what a great job by Karen on your ornament - congrats!

Katrina said...

Oh wow, your ornaments are so, so pretty. Love them and sweet pin cushions too :-).

Denise said...

Hi Lois!
The calendar pieces are so special!
I love them all. I am currently stitching 'He's a Flake' but I can assure you that my finish will not look like yours!
Wishing you a great week....

Carol said...

Such pretty finishes, Lois! I still have yet to finish my April ornament--the stitching is done, but not the finishing. I do love your HE Blessings finish as well as the PS and Primitive Calendar pieces. You're really doing a great job at keeping up with them each month, too!

And you and Karen make a great team--perfectly stitched AND finished. He's a Flake is darling :)

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Suzanne said...

So many lovely finishes! Karen did a great job of the snowman.

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, Lois, what fantastic finishes! You've been busy and so productive. I love how Karen finished your LHN ornament, too. It is adorable!

Lizzy said...

Oh, so many lovely finishes, Lois! Just beautiful... and I do love your HE Blessings and Karen's finishing of LHN He's a Flake is beautiful! Congratulations on all the beautiful finishes!