Monday, August 8, 2011

Home again

Well, a week away without taking any stitching with me and you can guess that means that I don’t have too much stitching to report! Here’s my progress on the BBD’s LF Summer, mostly what was stitched before we headed off.

With perfect timing, the day before we left, I did receive a package from Deb with three ornaments which I had sent to her to be finished. These were stitched earlier this year as part of my month Christmas ornament stitch. As always, I’m thrilled with what she’s done with these.



The two BOAF ornaments are from the chart Memories of Christmas (now OOP unfortunately) and the 3rd one is a Homespun Elegance chart, Blessings.

DH and I have just returned from a week in England. Part of the time we stayed in Leeds and spent a day in York, somewhere that I had always wanted to visit. We did a tour of York Minster which was wonderful. DH was game enough to climb the 275 steps of the Central Tower to get these wonderful views over York and the surrounding area. I didn’t! I choose the more relaxing option of sitting outside on the steps enjoying the sun and people watching!
I had noticed that there was a Quilt Museum on the info map so couldn’t pass that by.

A lovely half hour was spent walking round looking at the quilts both old and new. No pics allowed to be taken of the quilts but if you click here you can read more about the exhibition.

On our way home we spent a night in the Lake District. Again, a first for us, usually we’re driving past this area either heading to our destination or heading home. Even with all the clouds in the picture we didn’t have one drop of rain while we were there.

We stayed here,the Britannia Inn in Elterwater. What a lovely spot and given that we had booked this online so didn’t have a personal recommendation it ended up being a little gem!

A week without stitching did mean I came home and couldn’t wait to pick up a needle and thread again. I’ve started working on something that I can’t share just yet as it’s to be a gift and I also need to get busy on Christmas ornament for this month and the other monthly stitching commitments I have. I'm due a package from KarenV who has done another wonderful finishing job for me. I asked her to hang on to the piece until I was back home before sending it. So, next time I blog I'll be sharing that.

Goodness! I think these are the most pics and links that I've posted at one time so hopefully they all work!!!! As always thanks for all your lovely comments and for taking the time to drop by! I am looking forward to catching up on blogs and seeing what everyone has been working on while I've been away.

Until next time….

24 comments:

Chris said...

HI Lois,
It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. The pictures are beautiful.
The ornaments and your BBD stitching are beautiful.

Annie said...

The BBD piece is looking wonderful. Deb did a beautiful job on those ornaments.

Siobhan said...

Your BBD is coming along great! I need to get mine started before the weather gets even cooler than it already is.

Love love love what Deb did with your ornaments! They look so nice.

I enjoyed seeing the pics of your trip to England. I would LOVE to go to York--ever since reading a Barbara Taylor Bradford book that had some of the storyline set there, I've wanted to go. Your stay in the Lake District looks wonderful, too.

Bertie said...

Summer looks lovely Lois, it's so tempting but I have put it aside for now :(
York is a very lovely city and the Lake District is beautiful too, have spend many times there. You lucky woman to see a quilt exhibition, will follow your link.
Christmas ornaments are beautiful:)) only how many days to Christmas?? LOL

Carol said...

So glad you're home safely, Lois--it sounds like you had a delightful trip. I love seeing your wonderful photos of England. I'm always in awe over the age of buildings in Europe compared to the U.S.--such a history!

Your ornaments look super--great stitching by you and great finishing by Deb. I look forward to watching your "Summer" piece grow--it really is gorgeous! Hope you find more stitching time this week :)

KarenV said...

Deb did a fantastic job finishing your ornaments Lois!

Sounds like you had a lovely time away, your photos are lovely.

Hopefully you'll get a parcel from me today (maybe already?)

Gabi said...

Your BBD Summer looks fantastic. I'm still waiting for my chart to arrive, but at least I can admire yours.
Love your ornaments. All of them, but "Blessings" is a bit my favorite.
Love your vacation pictures. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Your BBD piece looks lovely. Your ornaments are gorgeous. Great pictures from your trip to England. I love York although I have only been once and have never been to the Lake District.

Margaret said...

I absolutely love your BBD Summer piece! So gorgeous! Your vacation pics look wonderful too! I'd love to visit the UK someday. Your ornies look so great -- Deb did a great job of course!

Deborah said...

Love the BBD start. I need to get mine going. The ornies are beautiful.

mainely stitching said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love those old BOAF designs, and your progress on the BBD is great! :D

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty, love all your ornaments :-). That BBD piece is fabulous, I am stitching it too!!! Looks like a fun trip.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time by the looks of your photos!

Love how your BBD is coming along. I just got the chart and I must say it's the best bargain out there - I love all 3 designs!

Deb did a great job with finishing your ornaments. Looking forward to seeing Karen's finish soon!

valerie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! I also love the ornies you got finished from Deb. Those BOAF designs are fantastic!

Great progress on Summer as well.

Catherine said...

Love your stitching and those ornament finishes are fabulous!!

Your vacation sounds lovely - thanks for sharing such beautiful views with your pictures!

Christine said...

Three more fabulous ornaments.
We've just got back from the lakes ourselves, it is really beautiful there.

Giovanna said...

Great going on the BBD, and what gorgeous ornaments!

nathalie-poppy said...

HI Lois,!!!
Thanks for visiting !!!!
Oh !!!
This new post is fabulous !!!!
So many different things !!!
The pictures are beautiful.Thanks for sharing !!!
The ornaments and your BBD stitching are delightful.
I love I love I love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big hugs

Sally said...

Your BBD is looking lovely Lois. I've put my chart away for now but I'm not sure if I can hold out for long!

Love your ornaments.

I love the Lake District. We went a few years ago and I would love to go back.

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi my dear friend ...
I am wandering through your pages ...
Have a nice evening ...
hugs !!!

Karoline said...

Your BBD and ornaments are looking gorgeous.

Glad you had a good trip to my neck of the woods (I live between Leeds and York) Next time you'll have to drop in for a cuppa:)

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi Lois !!!!!!!!
thanks for your kind comment !!!
Yes ! I love Niky's patterns !!!
They can be stitched within a day and they're so cute !!!!
A great pleasure for everybody !!!
Big hugs
PS: there is a mistake in your blog address ... check it so that people could visit you !!!!
hugs

Brigitte said...

Oh Lois, what a wonderful vacation you must have had. The Lakeland is just a great region to visit, so full of great nature and other things to see and to enjoy.
Very nice ornaments and great stitching on the BBD piece.

Suzanne said...

It looks like you had a lovely holiday.

Very nice stitching on your BBD piece. I love your ornaments, they are all so beautiful.