Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crow love to start, quilt love to finish

Some crow love going on around here with this one and yes, several of you guessed correctly last time, this is indeed Goode Huswife’s Three Crows. I'm stitching this on 32ct Elne of Lynnyn linen in Puck using the suggested DMC.
I’m planning on finishing this as a pillow and did start out thinking that I’d just stitch the crows and the alphabet and leave it at that. Now that I’ve reached that part I’ve changed my mind and plan on stitching the border of satin stitched triangles.

I’m still on track with stitching the little monthly pillows from A Primitive Calendar by Nikyscreations. So here is the one for September.
Stitched on 32ct Belfast Vintage Country Mocha using suggested DMC

This was a fun stitch, it reminded me of stitching all those quirky folk on CHS Sampler Folk last year.

Wouldn’t you love to waken up to this view every morning?

And what looks out on this view?
A quilt shop! Imagine having your very own quilt shop in your very own garden. That is exactly what this is, found down a country lane with farms and fields all around.
Recently the shop celebrated its 5th birthday so some friends and I took a bit of a road trip to join in the birthday celebrations. I was pretty good in restraining my spending, picked up some fabric that I think could work as the backing for the PS 12 Days of Christmas blocks, another piece of fabric that caught my eye and some lace trim. After that it was into the adjoining workshop for tea, coffee and home baked goodies! There were lots of lovely quilts on display that had been worked on in classes and workshops through the year.
So, having started with some crow love let me leave you with a little bit of quilt love with this ……
this ....


and this ....

Until next time …..

22 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful pictures.

Annie said...

Crows seem to be quite popular with stitchers lately. Yours are looking great. And the little folk are just too cute.

What a great place for a day trip! Gorgeous quilts!

pam said...

love the crows and the quilt shop

Siobhan said...

I love your crows, Lois! What a great piece. Your pillows--love love love love. Oh my gosh, they are fantastic. Oh, how I envy your ability to stick with a stitching plan! ;) Great pics of the quilt shop, too--what a neat find!

Margaret said...

Your crows are wonderful! And those Niky's pillows -- they're just wonderful! Love the Josh and Caleb one. (Is that who I mean?) The quilt shop looks fantastic too!

Carol said...

You know how much I love stitching crows, Lois and this piece is adorable--great fabric as well! And your little calendar pillows are so sweet...I'll bet stitching them each month is really something to look forward to.

Looks like a wonderful road trip with your friends--beautiful scenery and oh, those luscious looking quilts! Hope you're enjoying some lovely Autumn weather :)

Patty C. said...

I'm liking the crows ;)
I Can't wait to see the finish !!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely crows and finish. Great quilt shop.

Giovanna said...

Great stitching, your pincushion set looks lovely. Nice quilt shop too!

Berit said...

Gah! Love it! Great going on 3 crows and the Quilts are fab.

I am gearing up to make my first full-size quilt; the big fabric for the largest part has been lying on my drafting table for days! I just need to make some templates and buy a tool. Hah! I so need better time mgt. And daylight hours. But I'd better quit stalling because those are definitely on the wane!

Mouse said...

ooooo lovely stitching and those quilts are gorgeous :) thanks for sharing :) love mouse xxx

Karoline said...

The crows are lovely and your pillow is gorgeous. Great pictures of the quilt shop

Denise said...

Love the pictures of the countryside and the gorgeous quilts! I'm not a quilter but I sure do admire them.
The Niky's Creations are such a stunning collection.

Catherine said...

Love your stitches!!

What a great looking quilt shop. Beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing!

Sally said...

Love the crows and your latest pillow.

Those photos are beautiful! What a gorgeous place to have a quilt shop:)

Nuria said...

Es precioso el Goode Huswife’s... tengo ganas de ver como lo montas finalmente
besos
Nuria - La Casina Roja

Penny said...

Looking forward to seeing your crow finish and pillow and I love the Primitive Calendar pillows. That would be a pretty view to see every day. Love all those beautiful quilts!

Kathy Ellen said...

Love your sweet "crows" piece, and the cute little primitive pillows too.

It looks like you had a wonderful time at the quilt shop, seeing so many very special quilts too. What a lovely, peaceful countyside. One can only imagine the tranquility there.

Dona said...

Love your GH crows! And I'm glad you decided to stitch the satin stitch border - it will look great.

Thank you for sharing pictures of the countryside and quilt shop!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous quilts and scenery and sweet little pin cushion!!! I think the crows need the border :-).

KarenV said...

Three Crows looks great Lois, that linen is a lovely choice for it :)

Congratulations on finishing part 1 of the LF piece too, yours looks wonderful! I'm nearly done with the main part of the pic and hope to make a bit more progress today. Looking forward to seeing the next part!

Suzanne said...

Love the crows and those little pin cushions are great. Lovely photos!