Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One of those 'this 'n that' posts.....

The only stitching that’s been going on with me lately has been bits and pieces.  I’ve been keeping an eye out for news on the release of the next part of the BBD’s LF and seeing that it is now due out in a few weeks has had me holding off starting anything on the larger side.  Getting on with the smaller stuff though does mean that I’m track with those things for this month.  First up is this one, SB's Merry Be pin cushion. 
Slightly on the large side to be considered as an ornament but hey, that’s how I’m looking on it - my Christmas ornament for this month!  I have a great fondness for SB Christmas designs and this one was no different, I really enjoyed stitching it and working with the silks again.  I can take no credit for the lovely finishing.  This one I sent to KarenV and it arrived back home again on Monday. Thanks Karen for another great finishing job!

Then these two, the October chart from Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar and the next block from PS 12 Days of Christmas.  I loved the colours in the little October pillow, those red apples just popped off the fabric!  Block #9 of 12 Days of Christmas. My plan is to also stitch the 10th block this month so, with a bit of luck, I should be back on track with these by the end of the month.  The PS block is stitched using the suggested fabric (32ct natural light linen) and DMC threads.  The little pillow is stitched on 32ct  vintage country mocha and suggested DMC threads.

 And in amongst those is a new start.  DT’s Button Tree using the suggested fabric and threads – 32ct summer khaki and a mix of DMC and WDW.   

Although it’s a couple of weeks ago now, thanks for all your good wishes for DS#1 and his running.  It was a miserable, wet day but he finished the distance and he has definitely been bitten by the running bug and plans to keep doing it.

Thanks also for the lovely comments you left last time round on my finishes. You sure know how to make a girl feel good!!! 

Until next time …..   

29 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh that is a cute finish ... dare I ask how much she charges ..lol .. lovely stitching and the new starts too ... the BBDLF is out apparently its an Autumn one .... love mouse xxxx

Siobhan said...

Super cute finishes, Lois! I envy your ability to keep up with all your smalls and stitching plans for the smalls! Love the new start on the DT, too.

CATHI said...

Love the finishes! Very cute! And the tree is promising! :o)

Cathi

Hilda said...

Dear Lois,
like you, I am waiting for the 2nd part of the BBD LF mystery (doesn't it look soooo beautiful?) and stitch only little things in the meanwhile ;-)
Your smalls are darling - love them all! Especially the ornament from Shepards Bush! I hope this one will come in my favourite needlework shop soon ...

Have a nice week!

Hilda

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Lois. The SB piece is much fun, the more I see this one the more I think that I want to stitch it.
The DT Button tree is going to look great when you are finished!

Annie said...

Really cute ornaments! I love the ribbon trim on the SB one!

Bertie said...

Your ornaments are lovely Lois, and it's now nearly Christmas!! You are nearly there with you Niki calendar, look forward to seeing the whole thing together:)) and the PS!
Hope your weather is better, not much fun running in rain, but I admire your DS, I am too lazy....and to old LOL.

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Karen did a great job with the finishing too. I'm drawn to the red in your projects - especially those apples!

Giovanna said...

Love the SB ornament, and all the other stitching, and well done to Karen too!

Margaret said...

I love all your finishes! So pretty, all of them! Karen always does a great job with the finishing. And you are doing a great job of keeping up with the monthlies!

Sally said...

Lois your finishes are absolutely gorgeous. I love the SB one.

Sherry Smyth said...

You know I love anything in the Christmas/holiday theme and these bits you've shared? Making me smile. I love the finish on your "big" ornament, I love the pillow and the button tree is adorable. Shoulder and all, you still manage to accomplish a lot with your stitching!

staci said...

Beautiful stitching and finishes Lois...but I am So In Love with your Merry Be pincushion!!!

Lesleyanne said...

All of your finishes are gorgeous. Lovely new start. Karen did a lovely job on your SB.

Christine said...

Great finishes, I love the SB pillow

Cindy's Stitching said...

oh how cute. Love the finishing on it. She did an excellent job.

Penny said...

What lovely finishes and a beautiful way to finish off the SB ornament. :)

Catherine said...

Wonderful finishes! And I love the look of the Drawn Thread piece!

Myra said...

Lois, your posts never fail to delight the eyes! I love the SB pillow.

Beth said...

Very cute stuff Lois - I always enjoy reading your posts.

Carol said...

You've done an amazing job of keeping up with all of those monthly finishes this year, Lois!! I can barely manage the monthly ornament...

I just love the SB finish that you and Karen collaborated on--beautiful!! I have the button tree, too, but haven't stitched it so I'll love seeing how yours turns out.

Will email soon (things have been slightly crazy around here this month)... Have a wonderful weekend!

Mindi said...

Beautiful ornaments, and thank you for reminding me about that Drawn Thread chart! I just went and dug it out of the filing cabinet.

Shari said...

I just found your blog via someone elses......everything looks wonderful!! I have just this week pulled that PS pattern.....love how the pieces look stitched separate for ornaments!!!
the SB pin cushion is adorable! Great work!

Kathy Ellen said...

Your SB mini pillow is just adorable! I love, love it! Sweet little designs from Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar and PS 12 Days of Christmas!

I have the Drawn Thread "Button Tree" in my Christmas stash and wanted to stitch it last year. Seeing your wonderful start on it has inspired me! Now, if I could just find more hours in every day for all of the things that I want to stitch!

Berit said...

Gosh; love it all especially the PS and Karen V's finish of your ornament. The stockings you stitched look great with the trim! :o

Denise said...

Lois,
Your ornaments are lovely, as usual!
I think the button tree is unique and
a great way to show off buttons!
Hope your weather has dried out...
Best wishes!!

Karoline said...

Lovely finishes and great new start on the DT

Lizzy said...

Oh, I dearly love your SB ornament, Lois and Karen's lovely finishing compliments your stitching so beautifully! Love your 12 Days ornament and your sweet Nikyscreations finish... Beautiful! And the DT button tree is gorgeous! Blessings always in stitches...

Suzanne said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Love you ornament finishes, they are beautiful.