Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seems to be a tree 'thing'....

that I’ve got going on at the moment!  DT’s Button Tree is finished and I’ll share a pic of that in a moment.  First of all though, here’s a pic of my latest start.  Yes, another tree, CHS Companion Quaker Christmas Tree Sampler to give it its full name…..

I’m stitching this on 32ct BOAF Sandpiper using the suggested DMC threads.

And here is DT’s Button Tree...  

And …..
Stitched on 32ct Summer Khaki linen using suggested DMC and WDW Blue Spruce

If anyone has stitched this and is wondering where the birds at the bottom are?  I decided against stitching them as I liked how the tree looked just standing on its own.  I have to tell you though, it took me several days to decide on the button placement. I ended up leaving it laid out on the table and anytime I walked past I’d have a look and maybe change round a button or two.  It does show you where to place them on the chart and which size goes where but I still found I needed to play around a little bit with them. 

Guess what I’ve got caught up on?!?!?!  Yes, I’m back on track with the PS 12 Days of Christmas blocks.  Here’s #10….
Stitched on 32ct Natural Light linen using suggested DMC

Plan is to stitch the final two next month and get them all put together…..fingers crossed!!!

I can’t believe we’re nearly to the end of another month, and almost to the end of another year!  Seems like 2011 has just flown by. Thanks for all the lovely comments you left last time and I hope that you’re all getting lots of stitching time in this weekend! 

Until next time …..   

28 comments:

Chris said...

The trees look great Lois! I love green.

Sherry Smyth said...

I like the new tree project...it's very "you". And I smiled at the work with the buttons...leaving it out as you changed placement and made sure the buttons where they looked "best". I love how you let your eye take you where things need to go and you scored a hit with the button tree!

Jackie said...

Your button placement is perfect. Letting it sit for a bit where you could move buttons around as you walked by is a great idea! I also have no doubt that you'll meet your 12 Days goal.

Lizzy said...

Oh, DT's Button Tree is gorgeous, Lois! I have not seen that one and it's truly beautiful... I love all the buttons and I smiled when I read how you left it out and fiddled with the placement of the buttons... I would do the same thing! Love your CHS Christmas Tree Sampler ~ Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finish and I will have to look for this one and add to my stash! Your PS 12 Days is coming along beautifully and I know you will be finished and have them hanging on your tree in plenty of time for Christmas... and I can't wait to see your lovely finishing! Blessings always in stitches...

carol fun said...

Wonderful stitching- I love the trees. Need to dig out my Quaker Christmas pieces and get stitching- so many pretty things to stitch, so little time -thanks for the inspiration!

Myra said...

Love that button tree! I would be just like you - fiddling with the placement of the buttons. I am really looking forward to seeing your PS ornaments all finished up.

Beth said...

Lois- Your 'Forest' is coming along nicely - I am looking forward to seeing your Quaker Trees finished.

Penny said...

I love CHS and the Quaker Christmas Tree sampler is one of my favorites. Looks like you will be finished in no time. :) Your DT Button Tree looks wonderful with the buttons ~ you did a beautiful job. Looking forward to seeing the PS Christmas blocks too.

Melissa said...

Oh Lois, such lovely stitching! You are going to be so ready for this Christmas season!

Catherine said...

Lovely projects!! They are all great.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish and great new start.

staci said...

All of your stitching is so festive! It just might get me in the mood...

Tommye said...

Love the Christmas tree sampler! I may have to add that one to my stash. And the button tree is adorable. Great job.

Christine said...

Lovely new start and the button tree is gorgeous

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Lovely stitching!

Karen said...

Very cute finish! I love your new start too! happy stitching...

Annie said...

Looks like some lovely projects going for the holiday season. Love the buttons.. that just looks perfect!

Carol said...

Oh, your button tree finish is just darling, Lois!! I really need to pull mine out and get busy on it! And the new tree that is "growing" in your home looks very pretty, as well.

Glad you're keeping up on your 12 days of Christmas blocks--can't wait to see them all grouped together in December :)

Enjoy your week, my friend!

Berit said...

OOh; pretty stitching all! That CHS is looking so much better than the model picture on the cover of the chart!

I like your button tree finish and placement, and see why you decided to de-bird it!

Sally said...

Love your new start and I love the DT Button Tree:)

Giovanna said...

Lovely trees, and well done on the PS block!

Vinniey said...

Wow!! Your button tree is growing nicely! Love it! Beautiful stitching on your new start, too.

Suzanne said...

I love the new start, this CHS piece is so pretty. I have it my stash and really should stitch it up.

The button tree looks great, a very pretty finish!

Giveaway Scout said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise said...

Hi Lois!
I love how you had the tree on your table and checked it for button
placement!! That sounds like something I would do! It is a lovely piece - will you frame it or make a pillow?
I've decided you are a very fast stitcher!!

Siobhan said...

Your trees look great, Lois! I love your CHS tree sampler--it looks great on the Sandpiper! LOVE the button tree! How cute.

Great job on the PS ornament catch up--I love it! I need to get out my chart and get stitching.

American Horror Story starts tomorrow night on FX! I will email soon--kids are finishing up their midterm break today & I'm trying to catch up on blog stuff while I can steal time on the computer.

Valerie said...

Such lovely projects! I think the button placement is just perfect on the Button Tree. Such beautiful work!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Button Tree, it's lovely as are your other projects