Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some September finishes

Hi everyone!  I’m so glad I persevered with the satin stitch border on Three Crows.  Even though it was driving me crazy, once those basting stitches were in, it helped keep me straight.  I finished it a couple of days ago so in time to list it as a September finish.

Goode Huswife Three Crows stitched on 32ct Puck by Elne of Lynnyn using suggested DMC

Thanks for all the nice comments left last time round on my wooden bobbin finish.  Quite a few people asked about where I’d found the bobbin. I bought both it and the chart from Casa Cenina in Italy under the listing for Marie Suarez.  I’ve had nothing but good experiences in ordering from this company so have no hesitation in recommending them to order from should you want to give them a go.  You can follow the link above or click here.

It may be the first day of a new month but time for me to share my finishes from a couple of my monthly projects for September.  Both Christmas related.  First up is the ornament I picked for September from the PS chart A Christmas Visit. I stitched two from this booklet last year and pretty much love each design that’s in it so decided it was time to have another one stitched for this Christmas.

PS Christmas Welcome stitched on 32ct natural linen using suggested DMC


Then there’s my on-going PS 12 Days of Christmas blocks.  This, as you can see, is #8 so I’m still running behind. Given that I really would like to have these all completed (and not just stitched but made into little pillows!) for this Christmas I need to switch up a gear and get back on track with them.

PS 12 Days of Christmas stitched on 32ct natural light linen using suggested DMC

As always, thanks for dropping by!  Whatever your plans are for the weekend hope they are good.  DS#1 is taking part in his first 10km run tomorrow, in Edinburgh.  He took up running about 6 months ago and decided he needed to have something to aim for and signed up for that.  So, we’ll be cheering him on from a distance and hoping it goes well.

Until next time …. 

29 comments:

Siobhan said...

Wow! Good luck to DS #1! My brother took up running a few years ago and LOVES it. Totally craves it. I wish I could get into it but so far I think about it and then go back to stitching. ;) I hope he does well and that he has good weather for it!

Congratulations on the finishes!! Your Three Crows looks great! I love the PS ornaments are so pretty, too. I really need to get going on my ornaments--I can't believe it's October already!

Enjoy your weekend!

Mouse said...

ohhhh well done on the satin stitch finish :) and I am sure you will get the ornaments done on time :) and good luck to DS1 on his running :) love mouse xxxx

CATHI said...

Wonderful finishes! Love especially the Goode Huswife one! :o) I am curious what you are going to do with the 12 Days of Xmas designs - I finished them as a book! :o)

Look here: http://cathisstitchingblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/12-days-of-christmas-tps-6-finish.html

Cathi

Jackie said...

Good luck to you son with his race! Like Shibhan mentioned in comment - I think of running/walking/exercise but that's as far as it gets!

Your satin stitching looks wonderful! It's a beautiful piece.

I can't believe it's October already. It seems like the year has just flown by. I think we might be able to open our windows a bit today and we've have cooler overnight temperatures and a break from our daytime heat of 90+ degrees.

Karen said...

Very pretty finishes! Love the Three Crows... great job on your satin stitches!

happy stitching this weekend...

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very nice pieces. Maids a milking is so cute.

Margaret said...

Good luck to your DS on that 10km run! I'm always amazed when people can do stuff like that. I love all your finishes! So pretty! Glad you got over that satin stitch border -- definitely worth it!

Sherry Smyth said...

I didn't know that he'd taken up running...and how ambitious!! 10K!! Hope the weather is good in Edinburgh and I'll be cheering for him. I love that he set himself a goal, one I know that he will accomplish! xo

Sally said...

Wow I love your 3 Crows finish! It's gorgeous. Pretty ornament finishes too.

Good luck to your DS!

Lesleyanne said...

Your three crows finish is gorgeous as are your PS ornaments. Good luck to your DS.

Myra said...

Best wishes to your DS. Your September finishes are wonderful Lois. The satin stitch border does add a lot to that 3 crows piece even if it was a bugger to stitch.

Cindy said...

good luck to your DS...and i love your 3 crows finish :D

KarenV said...

Beautiful finishes Lois! I really love the way Three Crows looks on that linen and I'm glad you found a way around the satin stitch border :)

Good luck to your DS tomorrow - I hope it isn't as hot in Edinburgh as it is here (I doubt it but you never know!), otherwise he'll be melting. Have a great weekend!

Penny said...

Your perseverance definitely paid off! Beautiful stitching on Three Crows. I love your ornaments too. Good luck to DS on his run!

Nancy said...

Three Crows looks wonderful, glad you were able to hang in there on those Satin Stitches, they really add to the design! Your PS ornies are lovely! Good luck to your DS#1 on his 10K, hope he finishes well in the pack!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful stitching. Would love to know how to purchase the Three Crows design. Do you have a shop I can order this pattern from?
I am a PS fan also and now you have made me go back through my stash to look for the Santa ornament...he is now on my list!!
Take care,
Shop4baskets@aol.com

staci said...

Wonderful finishes Lois...I fell off the ornament-a-month wagon a looong time ago, lol!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous finishes!!!! I love the BBD piece. Hope your son has a great run :-).

Beth said...

Three Crows looks great as do your ornaments. Good luck on the run - hope the weather cooperates!

Christine said...

Great finish on 3 crows and your ornaments are lovely. Good luck to DS for his run

Diane (di) said...

I'm happy dancing with you big time Lois. Three Crows looks wonderful and the ornaments are so cute. I know I'm a little late, but that bobbin... love! Hope your son has a great run.

Catherine said...

Great stitchiness!! Good luck to your son!

Catherine said...

Great stitchiness!! Good luck to your son!

Berit said...

Love these! I just bought A Christmas Visit so I am hoping for the same enjoyable results you have had. :D

Also 3 Crows is totally on my list! Your satin stitches look great! :D

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes - I love the Three Crows!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on all your wonderful finishes. I stitched all of them as well and they were pure fun to stitch.

Carol said...

I'm so glad you decided to stick with the satin border, Lois--it really looks splendid! And you know how I love crow stitching :)

I think that PS Christmas Visit chart has so many cute ornaments to choose from--love your little "Welcome Santa." Isn't it going to be nice to see all twelve ornaments on your tree this year?

I'm sure you'll catch up n your PS 12 Days blocks with no problem. Now getting them all made into little pillow... that would be a challenge!! Hopefully, you'll find a day to just sew them and stuff them assembly line fashion...

Great news about the 10K run--hope your son enjoyed it :)

Have a great week, my friend!!

Mindi said...

Beautiful finishes, I really love the satin stitch border on 3 crows. I'm new to your blog, you have some really stunning pieces.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on your finishes, Three crows is lovely.

Hope your DS's race went well.