Thursday, December 8, 2011

One resolution down, two more to go.....

Hi everyone!  One of my resolutions way back in January this year was to stitch the little pillows from Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar.  I loved the idea of stitching one each month and that they would be little seasonal pieces to have on display.  As you can see below I finished the December one a couple of days ago.
So, having managed to stitch all twelve here’s a little recap of each of them.
 All of them were stitched on either 32ct lambswool or vintage country mocha using the suggested DMC threads. 
All filled with rice.
Mostly my own interpretation of the little finishing touches.
And all them were fun, quick projects to stitch.

While we are very definitely into December and heading full-speed towards Christmas I do still need to share my November ornament!  This one was stitched in November but the actual finishing crept into the first few days of this month.

This design is one of the shop exclusive kits from SB.  I stitched this years ago but still had enough threads to do it again.  I added the little stars on the stocking instead of the beads that were originally used.  Stitched on a scrap of fabric from my stash.     

Seems like these days most of my stitching is Christmas related. I need to get busy on an ornament for December (still have to decide on what I'd like to stitch for that!).  Yesterday I pulled out the sewing machine and started putting the PS 12 Days of Christmas pillows together so, hopefully next time I blog I'll be sharing those.  Hope all is well with you and yours.  As always, thanks for dropping by!

Until next time.

29 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Lois!
I love the calendar stitching they are really sweet. The SB ornie is wonderful too.

Annie said...

Those calendar designs are adorable! I love your little finishes. I think April is my favorite.

Cute SB design too. Of course, all SB designs are cute! You did a nice job on it.

Jane said...

Lovely stitching and wonderful to have a complete set of 12 to now sit back and appreciate. Love SB kit, I'm addicted to them at the moment, will have to hunt that one down! xxx

pam said...

Good for you for staying on target and getting them all done.

Margaret said...

Wow! I love all the Niky ornaments -- how lovely to see them all! You must be so happy to have met your goal! Love your November ornament as well. And those Santas in the pic are adorable!

Cristina said...

I congratulate you on your ornaments. They look awesome.

Michele said...

The calendar pieces look great!

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty, love the calendar pieces and the ornament is so sweet.

Lesleyanne said...

Your finishes are lovely. Look forward to seeing your PS finishes.

gracie said...

What a lovely collection....

Keeper of the Crowes said...

You must feel so great for reaching your goal!!! Your pillows are darling!
Linda C.

Brigitte said...

Oh great, you stitched Niky's Primitive Calendar. And all the little pillows are already finished. Very impressive. And they look wonderful. It's such a pity that the book is OOP.

Siobhan said...

B-E-A-Utiful, Lois!!! They look great. Love the way that you finished off the primitive calendar pillows, and your SB small is adorable!

Christina said...

Your SB ornie is lovely - I really like how you finished it and I love the Santa's either side of it too!

Bertie said...

Gorgeous Lois, they are just wonderful. You have the right idea to start during the year and I may do that too next year.
Cute little ornament and I LOVE your Santa's:)
Have a wonderful Christmas-)

Christine said...

They are lovely

Jackie said...

Congratulations on meeting your resolution! It's easy to make them but not so easy to keep them. You stuck with it and the results are absolutely beautiful!

Mindi said...

I really love your monthly advent calender, they all look so adorable stitched up together!

Carol said...

You've been so good about keeping up with all of your monthly stitchings in 2011, Lois! Love all of the months especially the dancing squirrels in November :)

I am just about finished with my December ornament--it's been so nice stitching along with you this year...

Will email soon :)

Catherine said...

Wow! They are so great!!!

staci said...

I love all your ornaments...they are so sweet! Congrats to you on stitching them all!!!

valerie said...

Congrats on completing your Niky's ornies! They all looks great as does your November ornie!

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful collection of pillows, they look beautiful. Congratulations on finshing them all!

Penny said...

I love the little pillows, they're so pretty! Those Santas are so cute, and the Shepherd's Bush ornament is lovely - what a wonderful job you did on them all! :)

Denise said...

Lois,
Love all of the little pillows! How
attractive! Where will you display them?
The little stocking ornament is new to me, I don't recall ever seeing that one. The colors are very eye-catching.
You are one busy stitcher...!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on finishing the calendar pillows! They're really pretty.

Sharon said...

Everything is just beautiful!

Sally said...

All your ornaments are beautiful Lois.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing your Calendar pillows, they're all lovely