Friday, December 23, 2011

Resolution #3 - that monthly ornament one!

Hi everyone!  Time to share the Christmas ornaments that I’ve stitched through the year.  I really don’t know what I was thinking back in January, there was definitely some over-enthusiasm for stitching resolutions going on, and I think it’s fair to say that in 2012 I’ll be making a resolution more along the lines of not thinking up three monthly stitching commitments!  One will do nicely!

Here’s the one I stitched for this month.  Part of a freebie chart which you can find here. 
Stitched on some linen from my stash and DMC 815

And then, here's a recap on all twelve!


January – Bright Needle Love in a Manger
February – BOAF Santa from Memories of Christmas*
March – BOAF Christmas Tree from Memories of Christmas*
April – Homespun Elegance Blessings*


May – Homespun Elegance Merry Yule^
June – Prairie Schooler Christmas Tree from A Christmas Visit*
July – Little House Needlework Silent Night*
August – Samplerbird Stitchery Holiday Spirit^


September – Prairie Schooler Christmas Welcome from A Christmas Visit*
October – Shepherds Bush Merry Be^
November – Shepherds Bush Santa’s Fill
December – La Comtesse  & le Point de Croix freebie found here

Those marked * finished by Deb of Artistic Needle
Those marked ^ finished by Karen of My Favourite Things
The rest?  My own attempts at finishing!
  
Thanks for all the lovely comments you left about my PS 12 Days of Christmas.  Even though I got a little carried away with resolutions this year I am pleased that I completed them all and love that this wreath is hanging in our home this Christmas.

DS#1 and DD arrived home yesterday and DS#2 was on a very early flight this morning from Newcastle and is now home. So, our house is full once again.  It’s been a year since everyone has been home together and yet now that they are all here it seems like no time at all since last Christmas.  So, we are settling in for several days of enjoying Christmas and hopefully I can get a little bit of stitching squeezed in there too! Whatever your plans for Christmas I hope you have a wonderful time.

Until next time ……  

32 comments:

gracie said...

They are all wonderful...very ambitious indeed.

Siobhan said...

I'm glad to hear that all three of the kids are home safe & sound!

Your ornaments are STUNNING. I am so impressed, as I always say, with your stick-with-it-ness!

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Lois!
Your ornaments are so beautiful.

Bertie said...

Fabulous ornaments Lois, I have followed them all year! Shame you cannot do 3, will miss them LOL.
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family:))

Christine said...

All your ornamnets are lovely!
Have a wonderful Christmas

pam said...

Great finishes! I hope you enjoy your full house.

Catherine said...

How wonderful to have all of your children home! All if your ornaments are lovely! I'm hoping to do one a month this coming year!
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Even though you had your hands full with three monthly commitments, you should be so proud of yourself for pushing through and managing to complete all, Lois!! I just love your monthly ornaments and doesn't it make your heart sing to see them all on display on your tree. It's been a pleasure stitching along with you this year :)

Two of my three are already home and my middle son comes home sometime today. I hardly knew how to shop for a house full again when I went yesterday. It is a nice feeling to have them all tucked away, safe and sound, for a few days, isn't it?

Merry, merry Christmas, my friend!!

Margaret said...

Your ornaments are all lovely! It's so much fun to see them all! Quite an accomplishment -- and you also did those PS ones. Wow! Yes, you were ambitious with the resolutions this year. lol! Beautiful!

Nice that everyone is home again. Enjoy your Christmas with your family!

KarenV said...

Lovely ornaments Lois and your tree turned out great! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Mouse said...

ohhh its nice to see them altogether :) glad every one is home safe for the hols :) Merry Christmas and a stitchy new year to you :) love mouse xxxx

Katrina said...

Love, love, love your ornaments!!!! They are gorgeous :-). Have a merry, merry Christmas.

country stitcher said...

I loved all 12 of your ornaments. This is a goal that I have for 2012 is to do a christmas ornament each month.

Merry Christmas to you and your family
Denise

Lesleyanne said...

Your ornaments are all gorgeous. Congrats on completing all your resolutions. Have a merry christmas.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful picture

marylin from France

Sally said...

All of your ornaments look fantastic Lois!

Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Lois,

Can you hear that noise? It's everybody clapping - you did a great job with your monthly resolution. The ornaments are fantastic! (I will look forward to next year's resolutions soon!)

Have a great Christmas with your family. Oh, maybe THAT's the noise I'm hearing. lol.

valerie said...

Good for you for keeping with your stitching goals and commitments! All your ornaments look fantastic! Merry Christmas to you...I am sure you are so happy to have everyone home!

Christina said...

Your ornies are just lovely. I really enjoy seeing the variety of ornies people stitch, all grouped together. A beautiful collection. If I were pushed to choose, my 2 favourites are May & June. The PS tree really stands out.
Have a fantastic Christmas Lois. X

carol fun said...

Beautiful ornaments! It is my resolution for next year to do one month, we'll see how that works out - LOL! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Myra said...

They look fabulous! Each and every one of them. Yes, I had big ambitions of stitching all the PS Santas and Snowmen ornies. I did 2! I am hoping to do more next year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jane said...

Beautiful ornaments Lois and although it must have been hard-going at times, what a thrill now to be able to sit back and appreciate all your hard work.
I guess I will be in your shoes next Christmas after my 1st-born leaves to start Uni in September, I shall count the days until she's back home with us all.
MERRY CHRISTMAS LOIS xxx

Natalia said...

They are all so adorable, Lois. I should actually follow your example so by next year I have more ornaments stitched. As it is right now I have almost none :-)

Denise said...

Lois, you should be very proud of your ornament accomplishments! How
lovely they all are!
I know you had a great time having your family all under your roof.
Many blessings for the new year...

Gabi said...

Ohhhh....these are all so very very lovely. Love each of them.
Hope you had a very happy Christmas

dixiesamplar said...

Your ornies are beautiful...I think I am going to attempt the "ornie a month" challenge in 2012; it looks like a lot of fun!

Suzanne said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and the new year brings good health and fortune.

You have such a beautiful collection of ornaments you stitched.

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi sweetie,
Happy New Year to you and your family !!!
May 2012 brings you health and happiness!!!!
Have a nice New Year's Eve !!!!!!!!
hugs
Nat

Kathy Ellen said...

All of your 2011 ornaments are so unique and very special. My 2012 resolution is to stitch my Christmas ornaments over the next 12 months. I often find myself trying to stitch them in November and December, and that was way too much stress for me to do this year.

Blessings to you, Lois, and for your family, in the New Year of 2012.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a wonderful job on ornaments for 2011 and having them all finished too! Well done!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Shari said...

everything looks wonderful!! I love seeing everyone's versions of finished ornaments....I MUST have a huge finishing day....I got really lazy last year & didnt' get them finsihed.....

Berit said...

I am head over heels for this year's set! No words to say how wondrous they look collected all together here. :D

Such a treat to see!

And congratulations to you on accomplishing such a big goal!