Friday, September 14, 2012

Moving into autumn....


Hi everyone!  Well, somewhat in keeping with how my life is a bit all over the place these days I think it’s fair to say it’s followed into my stitching! A couple of small finishes to share for the very reason that I’m jumping from one project to another and not really settling on one particular thing.  As the days are getting shorter and we’re very definitely heading into autumn it brought this one to the top of my stitching pile…


Primitive Bettys freebie, Wicked - link to her freebie charts found here.  I stitched this on 32ct PTP Relic using DMC 310 and the fabric the little pillow is sitting on is what I used for the backing.

Then let’s jump to Christmas! I haven’t been doing much Christmas stitching, my PS Santas have sort of fallen by the wayside, but I have stitched this one….


LHN’s Joy and Peace stitched on 32ct ‘something’ out of my fabric stash using a mix of the suggested overdyeds and DMC.

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my finished BBD Peacock Pinkeep.  I did the drawing for the chart yesterday morning, got my DH to pick out the name, and having been to the post office this morning the chart is now on its way to.....



Lisa, I hope you enjoy stitching this one as much as I did!    

And that really is about it.  A ‘something and nothing’ blog post this time round.  You wouldn't think it but I am itching to start a larger project so hopefully next time I’ll have made a decision (do I really want to admit that I’ve started 3 or 4 larger ones but after a couple of days have set each of them to one side?!?!).  I do hope to stitch on PSS Halloween Hornbook Sampler this weekend and get the penultimate block finished - it's a cute one!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Until next time…… 

18 comments:

Christina said...

Oh I will definitely have to stitch LHN Joy & Peace now that I have seen yours finished - it's lovely!

Lisa V said...

I too love your LHN ornie.
Look forward to the arrival of BBD Peacock, I already have a finish in mind.

Margaret said...

Love your Wicked pillow finish! Love your LHN ornie finish as well. Hope things are settling down for you. I'm still following all the media blitz after Murray's win. lol!

Mary said...

Lois, your finishes have put me in the mood for some seasnonal stitching myself! They both look darling.

Now I'm waiting to hear what you'll choose for a larger project?

Lesleyanne said...

Two lovely finishes. I have the LHN one in my to do pile. Congrats to Lisa V.

Giovanna said...

Very pretty finishes, congrats.

Carol said...

I feel like my stitching has been all over the place, too, lately, Lois! I love both your Halloween and Christmas finishes...great fabric for the Wicked one. I think I may have some of that in my stash, too.

I'm thinking--just thinking, mind you, about starting Autumn at HRH next year... I wonder if I'll actually get up the nerve to do so :) Looking forward to seeing what your next big project will be...

Congratulations to Lisa!

Hope your weekend brings some relaxation time for you, my friend--you deserve it :)

Deb said...

Sweet finishes Lois! You're ready for fall and Christmas!!

Sherry said...

As you know, I will be going kicking and screaming into autumn...but I must say I do like that wicked pillow!!

Beth said...

Like the 'Wicked' stitch - ah autumn - there is no denying that it is here!

valerie said...

Great finishes Lois! Love the Wicked finish. Just perfect for Halloween.

Denise said...

You have been one busy girl! I love 'Wicked' (and, the little black
button!!). 'Joy and Peace' is a
pretty one and the colors are just right. I will be anxious to see what you come up with next!

Karoline said...

Your finishes are lovely, congratulations

Isobel -Argante- said...

Love them...
:-)
Happy fall!

Isobel
The Primitive Hare

Sally said...

Two fantastic finishes Lois. I love the LHN ornament.

Brigitte said...

These are two very lovely finishes. And I have just admired the finished peacock box in your last post. Gorgeous!

Natalia said...

Very cute, Lois !!! I can't believe it is officially Fall. Where did the summer go???? Hugs !

Dani - tkdchick said...

For some reason I don't have the stitching time I want lately either!

Lovely finishes!