Sunday, November 18, 2012

Some Christmas finishes


Little did I think that it would be the middle of November before I had the chance to blog again. Life here has been something of a rollercoaster and remains so.  My parents have both been in hospital, at different times, and my mother went from hospital to a nursing home where she’s staying until she can have her hip replacement surgery.  She does have a date for that, hopefully in about 10 days time (dependent on that thing of having to phone the morning of admission to check that a bed is available).  She was adjusting to being in a nursing home when my father was admitted to hospital with heart problems.  He had by-pass surgery 14 years ago but things are now starting to deteriorate.  It was decided to give him a pacemaker to try and regulate the heart so, at the age of 95, my father has had one fitted.  It’s early days but hopefully this will be of benefit to him.

I have no stitching to share, I have not picked up a needle in weeks as my days are mostly spent driving back and forth to see my parents, but what I do have are a couple of lovely finishes that Faye over at Carolina Stitcher did for me.   First up is BBD’s Crowning the Tree. I will freely admit to being totally intimidated by finishing anything in a stocking shape.  If I was attempting it? It wouldn’t look the slightest bit like a stocking by the time I was finished with it!  Faye, however, has done a wonderful job!

This I stitched on 32ct cream linen using a mix of the suggested threads.

Next, another lovely finish, LHN’s Joy and Peace.   Faye has used wool fabric for this one which works perfectly with it.

This one’s stitched using the suggested fabric (I think, sorry, can't remember, I have serious brain fog going on these days) and threads.

Faye, thanks for two great finishes, in amidst everything that’s been going on it was lovely to receive your envelope and know that I will have something new to hang this Christmas.

I’ve been on the computer very little so haven’t been visiting or commenting on any blogs and I am missing that.  Dear knows when I’ll get back to it but, I hope all is well with you and yours, and I look forward to getting caught up when I get the chance.

Until next time…..

24 comments:

Siobhán said...

I'm thinking of and praying for your parents, and you, Lois! I can't imagine the stress that you're under. (((((((((((((((Lois))))))))))))) Faye's finishing of your beautiful stitching is wonderful--love both pieces. I'd resisted doing that stocking but think I just might give in.

xo

Vickie said...

Both of your finished pieces look great, most especially the stocking.
I have prayed for you and your parents. Take care.

Margaret said...

Love what Faye did with your pieces! Both are beautiful. I'm so sorry life has been so crazy for you recently. I will send lots of good thoughts and prayers for both your parents. I hope your father's pacemaker does the trick for him. And I hope your mom's hip replacement surgery goes on as scheduled and is a success. Be careful driving back and forth too. And don't forget to take care of yourself in the midst of all this. Hugs.

Myra said...

Lois, you and your parents will be in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope everything goes well for them.

Love your finished pieces - Faye did a lovely job with them.

Bertie said...

Oh Lois, I do hope all will be well with your parents and wish you and them all the best!!!

Can imagine there is no time for stitching, Faye did a wonderful job!

Take care!

Katrina said...

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for your parents and you!!!!! Praying they both do well. Sweet finishes too!!!!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

two beautiful finishes - this must be a stressful time for you having to take care of both your parents being sick as they are - dont forget to take time out to look after yourself too - even if its a nice relaxing soak in the bath : )

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a great job Faye did on your pretty finishes! I am sending prayers for your parents, and for you, too! A pacemaker for one, hip replacement for the other, that sounds like a lot of stress to me. Take care of yourself!

Krista said...

What lovely finishes on your stitched pieces. Faye does such wonderful finishing. I will be sending her some things too since I am quite challenged in the finishing arena. :)

I hope your mom and dad will get thru these difficulties and procedures. I know first hand how it can be worrisome and exhausting. I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

StitchCat said...

What lovely finishes. Wishing your parents all the very best.

Carol said...

You've had quite a time of it over the past few months, dear Lois... I hope you know how often I think of you all... It sure is difficult watching our parents age like this, isn't it? Amazing that your dad is 95--that bodes well for you :)

You and Faye make a great team--both pieces look lovely. The stocking shape scares me to death--I really do need to give it a try at some point!

Hope this week is brighter for you... sending a warm hug your way.

Cath said...

Take care . Hope things go well for your parents so you can relax in time for Christmas .XXX

Annette-California said...

Your stocking is beautiful and your ornament. Faye's finishing is always gorgeous. So sorry to hear about your parents. I will pray for you and them. They are so lucky to have you there for them. Hugs to you.
love Annette

Denise said...

You & Faye make a great team!
What lovely pieces of art!
I am continuing to think of your parents and your safety driving back and forth.

valerie said...

Oh Lois, what troubling news to read about your parents. I am sure you are just exhausted...older parents make us worry so. I do hope that their health situation improves. I send good thoughts your way. Love the finishes Faye did for you! She certainly works some magic!

mainelystitching said...

Wishing you well on your parents' issue. And applauding your beautiful stitching and the wonderful finishing that Faye did!!

Barb said...

Your stitching and Faye's finishing are both lovely!!I have a 90 year old step Mom so I know what you are dealing with. I hope the best for them both.

Chris said...

I hope that your parent"s are both getting better.
The finishing that Faye did for you is such a lovely compliment to your stitching!

Giovanna said...

I'm sorry to read about your parents' health problems - I hope thing will get better soon. What a great job by Faye on your stitching, isn't she talented? Take care.

Mary said...

Hi Lois, I knew the situation with your parents' health was the reason for your absence. All of you have been, and will stay, in my thoughts.

But your holiday finishes are lovely! No doubt recieving them was a day bightener for you.

Here's hoping the holiday season brings blessings to you and your family.

Catherine said...

Sending warm hugs for you and healing prayers for your parents.
Lovely finishes and Faye's finish ~ finishes are lovely!

Karoline said...

{{{{Hugs}}}} I hope that your parents health is starting to improve.

Your finishes are gorgeous, Faye did a great job

Suzanne said...

I hope that all is well with your parents. What a lot os stress with both being ill.

I love your finishes and Faye did a great job with the finishing.

Congratulations on the Halloween finish, it looks fantastic. (Sorry I am very behind on my blog reading)

Lynn said...

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you caring for not one but both parents. I pray that all goes well for them.
Faye did an awesome job on your finishes. They look great!