Monday, December 31, 2012

Ending where I started in 2012....


BBD’s Christmas Garden was my new start in January this year so it seems kind of appropriate that having talked about that in my first post of 2012 I’m going to talk about it in my last post of 2012.  Having finished it in May it then sat for weeks months (!!) before I finally left it in with the framer in October.  With everything else going on I sort of forgot about it (my framer can sometimes take a while) but come December I did begin to think it was about time it was home and hanging in my house.  Just over a week before Christmas I got the word that it was ready to be picked up and here it is…..


I love that I had this in time for Christmas and I’m thrilled with the job she did.


 At the same time as leaving Christmas Garden in I also left PSS Sergei.  That came home with me too…….


and is another one that I’m thrilled with.

While I’m not really into the whole making resolutions thing I do like to start a new project in January.  As you will know, I love having something to work on each month.  Well, I’m not sure whether I’ve bitten off more than I can chew but, this year this is the one that’s going to be my monthly stitching project…..


A Sampler Story by Brenda Keyes.  At 24 squares I’m thinking I can manage two squares a month and, with a bit of luck, I will have this one completed in December 2013.  I did think of just one square a month but the thought of it taking me two years seemed a lifetime!  I’ll see how I get on, if it starts to feel like that’s all I’m working on and I’ve no time for anything else I might need to rethink.

We did have a different Christmas this year but the good news is that a couple of days ago my mum changed hospitals and is now in one where she’ll spend the next few weeks having physiotherapy and help to get back on her feet.  My dad is having horrible nerve pain from the shingles but the rash itself has stopped spreading and isn’t looking so nasty.  Unfortunately he’s still not allowed to visit my mum.

Thank you for all the lovely comments you left last time about my PS stitchings.   In 2013 I’m hoping to stitch some of the BOAF santas and likely there will be some PS ones in the mix as well.    

Whatever your plans to see in 2013….enjoy.    DH and I will see in the New Year very quietly, hopefully we’ll manage to stay up to midnight!  Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2013 with lots of stitching going on!

Until next time……  

27 comments:

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Oh,your Christmas Garden is so nice. I like your idea with the alphabeth. So nice.

Greetings and a happy new year
Anja

Melissa said...

Lovely framed pieces. It's so nice to see your stitching framed, isn't it?

Enjoy your new start! Happy New Year, Lois!

Vickie said...

They both look so wonderful. A Blessed, Happy New Year to you!

missy said...

Prayers of good health for your parents and prayers of strength for you.

Your stitching is so lovely. Wishing you and yours a very HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Carol said...

Beautiful, beautiful way to end the year, Lois! I just love how your Christmas Garden turned out and I'm so glad you used the alphabet at the bottom.

Your new piece is so pretty and I've thought of stitching that myself. I'm sure after seeing yours at the end of the year, I'll definitely want to attempt it :)

Great to hear your mom is now settled and will be doing her physical therapy in a new setting. I'm sure she and your dad are missing seeing eachother very much. Poor man--I know the pain must be horrid for him.

Our New Year's Eve will be quiet as well--not they type for big, loud parties!! I wish you every happiness in 2013, my friend!

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness, what fantastic framing! You must be so thrilled with everything!

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is settled into the new hospital, and that your dad's shingles aren't spreading. I hope they're back healing soon!

Wishing you and yours a very blessed 2013!

Margaret said...

Such lovely framing! Just love it! It's good to hear your mom is moving on in her recovery. Sorry your dad is in such pain -- at least the rash has stopped spreading. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Faye said...

Such beautiful treasures!!... Hoping dad improves and mom continues also..... Happy new year!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Love both framed pieces :-). And fun new start. So sorry your parents can't see each other. Praying your mom does well in her therapy and your dad gets better soon. Happy New Year!!!!!

Nicola said...

I am pleased to hear that you Mum is progressing.


Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

Deborah said...

Love Christmas Garden and Sergai. They came out beautifully. I look forward to seeing your new start. I have it in my stash. Happy New Year.

Lisa V said...

Christmas Garden is one of my favourite designs of the year, I will definately have to save up for this one and add it to my stash one day. Your framed finish is beautiful.
Happy New Year.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful framing on your beautiful stitching. A very happy new year to you and your loved ones, and I hope your parents' health will improve.

Myra said...

Happy 2013 Lois! I love your framed finishes - just beautiful. I hope your dad's health improves with each passing day. I am looking forward to reading and stitching with you in the new year.

Chris said...

Christmas Garden and Sergei both look amazing.
Your new start is a gorgeous design.
Happy New year!

Krista said...

A beautiful finish to your Christmas Garden, I love it so much with the alphabet! Looking forward to seeing your new project in the new year! Happy 2013!

Mary said...

Hi Lois!
Both your Christmas Garden and Sergei are finishes to be proud of! I'm hoping that with the holidays over, you won't be too quick to put either of them away. I'll be looking forward to seeing how the 2 bolcks per moth in A Sampler Story work out for you.

Here's a wish that 2013 is a year of recovery and good health for your prents. Treasure every moment you have with them.

Catherine said...

Your framed pieces are beautiful!
Best wishes to your mom and dad ~ may the new year bring blessings to you all!

Sharon said...

Your pieces look gorgeous framed! Happy New Year to you!

Maggee said...

What wonderful framed pieces! I hope to start Christmas Garden very soon! With the alphabet too, so it can hang all year long! Hope your parents will soon be reunited! Hugs!

valerie said...

Happy New Year Lois!Your framed pieces are gorgeous and I can't wait to see the start/progress on your new years' project! I hope that your parents can be reunited soon and both fully recover from hip surgery/shingles.

Sally said...

Your Christmas Garden and Sergei look beautiful in their frames. Sergei is one in my stash that I must stitch this year.

I hope your Mum and Dad are back to full health soon.

Happy New Year!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lois, your framed pieces look wonderful. And your new project for this year is by one of my favourite designers. I love Brenda Keyes and the project you chose is also on my wish list. So your new stitching year sounds very promising.
I hope your Dad will soon feel better so that he can go and visit your Mom.
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What lovely framed pieces to have up in time for Christmas!

Happy New year!

Denise said...

Christmas Garden & Sergei look super! And, so do the frames!
(Are you running out of wall space yet??)
I am curious, will you leave 'Christmas Garden' hanging up all year? I have a certain 'Santa' that
stays in my kitchen year round.
Happy New Year to you & all your family!

Karoline said...

Christmas Garden is stunning & Sergei looks very handsome in his frame.

Good luck with your goals on the Brenda Keyes sampler

Happy new year

Suzanne said...

Such beautiful framing!


I love your new project, it's such a lovely design. I look forward to following your stitching on this one.