Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some more Christmas finishes....


Thanks everyone for your kind comments and emails after my last post.  I’m still doing a lot of miles in the car each week.  My mother was supposed to have her hip surgery on Nov 28th but a fire at the hospital the weekend before changed that.  There was water damage to some of the wards and theatres so a lot of the elective surgery was cancelled.  We are waiting to hear a new date, whether it will be before Christmas or not we don’t know, and the longer we don’t hear anything I’ve the feeling it will be January before it happens.

As to stitching?  Well, I’ve been doing bits and pieces here and there.  This one I actually had stitched months ago but hadn’t got round to finishing it.

 SB's Good Cheer Pin Cushion

It took me several attempts to do this ribbon and bead edging but, I got there in the end!  At one point I was thinking of attaching a chenille trim round the edge instead but a fruitless search through my stitching stash to find said chenille trim that I knew I had somewhere put paid to that idea.  So, I just had to knuckle down and get on with it!  I will say I felt like I was getting the hang of it by the end but I don’t know that I’d look forward to doing it again!

Next up is my finish of the freebie that was offered by Nikyscreations which you can find it here.


And finally, another PS Santa from the booklet Old World Santas II.  It’s been a while since I’ve managed to stitch one of these but I’m hoping to get one more done before Christmas.

 Stitched on 32ct Natural Light linen using suggested DMC

 And that’s about it for this time.  I hope all is well with you and yours.  Seems like Christmas is going to be here before we know it which, of course, leads me to say that I don’t know where this year has gone!  I’m starting to get itchy fingers to be working on a larger project.  With everything that has been going on these last months my stitching mojo hasn’t been around all that much but I think there’s going to be some stash diving coming up soon to see what calls my name.

Until next time……  

25 comments:

Siobhán said...

Your finishes and finishing are amazing, Lois! Everything looks so nice. You need to share another picture of your PS 12 Days of Christmas in the bowl you have them in--I keep dreaming about that! :)

I'm keeping your parents in my prayers, and hope that your mother's surgery is sooner rather than later!

Giovanna said...

What pretty ornaments, all of them - well done! I hope things get sorted out soon for your mother.

Patty C. said...

Best wishes for your family!
Your finishing looks great :)

Annie said...

Love your finishes. Clever idea with the design by Niky. I may have to steal that one!

Sending good thoughts for you Mom while she waits for some relief! Hope she's not in too much pain.

Chris said...

Hey Lois!
I hope that your Mom's surgery gets sorted out soon and that she will be on her way to recovery soon!
Your ornaments are all so beautiful and the finishing is perfect.
Be safe on the roads!

Margaret said...

Sorry about your mom's surgery. What a pain! I hope you hear about when it will take place soon so it's not hanging over everyone's heads. Drive safe too.

Love all your finishes! Wow! They're all beautiful! I'm glad you stuck to that bead and ribbon finish -- it's wonderful!

CATHI said...

Wonderful finishes!

Cathi

Katrina said...

So sorry about your mom's surgery, praying they get it scheduled soon!!!!

All your finishes are just so cute :-). Love them all.

mainelystitching said...

Fabulous! And coincidentally, I just put the final stitches into the freebie by Nikyscreations, too!

Vickie said...

Oh, aren't you glad you knuckled down and stuck with it? The finishing is great.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

So glad you kept going on the ribbon and bead edging. It turned out so cute. Love your finishes. Best wishes for you and your mom.
Linda

Nicola said...

I hope that everything works out well for your Mum, it must have been hard syking herself up for the operation and then for it not to go ahead.

Love all your finishes.

Bianca said...

Lois, what fabulous finishing. The ribbon/beading came out awesome. I particularly liked the Noel piece. Did you hand stitch the linen on to of the fabric? I would love any tips you could offer on that technique, as I would love to attempt it myself.

Catherine said...

Best wishes for your mom!
All of your finishes are lovely!

Barb said...

All your finishes are delightful! Good luck to your Mom!

Rowyn said...

Beautiful finishes!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. I hope you hear soon when your Mother's surgery will be.

Myra said...

I love that ribbon edgeing on your pillow finish and your stitching is just gorgeous!

Carol said...

Oh, Lois--so sorry about the surgery postponement!! Your poor mom must be getting very anxious... And your trips back and forth must be getting more wearing as the weather worsens.

Your finishes are each so pretty--love the ribbon and bead edge and I need to try that for myself very soon. There is never enough time this month is there? I am so, so behind on everything, I feel like just forgetting Christmas this year (just call me Scrooge!!)... I can't wait until January's calm!

Hugs to you, my friend...

Sally said...

I'm really sorry to hear that your Mum's hip surgey had to be postponed.

Love all your ornament finishes but I especially love the SB one. So pretty.

Denise said...

Prairie Schooler Santas have become
a true tradition - such classics!
You do such lovely work.
I am thinking of your Mom and your
family. I know this has been a difficult time for you.
Many blessings and Merry Christms...

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom's surgery has been postponed. I hope she can be rescheduled soon.
Such lovely finishes Lois! I'm glad you persevered with the ribbon trim. It looks so good on that finish!

Dona said...

Lois, your ornaments are always so inspiring. I really enjoy seeing how you finish them.

I hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Karoline said...

Your finishes are gorgeous, congratulations

What a blow about your Mothers surgery, I hope it's rescheduled soon

valerie said...

What lovely finishes Lois! I love that little SB pillow. I hope that things with your mothers hip get resolved soon. So frustrating to be in limbo and not quite sure how and when things will happen. Hope her recovery isn't too hard either. Happy Holidays to you!