Friday, January 18, 2013

So far, so good....


Hi everyone!  I know it’s only January but, given how limited my stitching time can be these days, I’m pleased to report that I’ve stitched the first two squares in A Sampler Story by The Sampler Company therefore keeping on track for my monthly stitch!!


I’m starting this one on the far right and working left.  I stitch in hand and if I’m stitching a larger project I usually try to work right to left so that I’m only ever holding the fabric in my hand and not a stitched area.  Two squares down (22 to go!!!) and I’ve put this to one side until next month.

Next up, a long overdue ‘thank you’ for a wonderful package that I received the first week of January.  I received these lovely goodies from Carol and have already thanked her by email but also want to share on here. 

The chocolates are long gone, the chart is in my ‘to do’ basket and this little guy is in pride of place on my mantelpiece. 


As many of you know, Carol’s over one stitching and her finishing are just wonderful.  Thank you Carol, your package arrived on a day when coming home to something that made me smile was just what I needed.  If anyone isn’t familiar with Carol’s blog, click here, and go read her lovely blog.

 started La D Da's By Her Hand  yesterday. Not the greatest of starts (ssshhhhh……frogs about!!!) but today I picked it up again and, of the little bit that I stitched, I managed to stitch correctly (I think!!!) so I’m feeling the love a little bit more.  At one point yesterday, as I re-stitched the flower for a 3rd time, I did wonder whether this project was going to be doomed.  Note I didn’t try to stitch another flower today, thought I’d avoid stitching those for a day or two!!     

 La D Da's By Her Hand

The suggested fabric is BOAF’s Meadowlark but the piece I have in my fabric stash isn’t large enough.  Instead I’ve gone with LL Vintage Sand Dune which seemed the closest match and the suggested overdyeds.

And that’s about it for this time round.  Where do the weeks go too, here it is Friday again and whatever your plans for the weekend – have a good one!

Until next time…..

29 comments:

Giovanna said...

What great new starts - the Sampler Story is so tempting :-) And what a wonderful package from Carol - love that ornament. Have a nice weekend.

Margaret said...

I love your Sampler Story!! Love your LaDDa start too! Lovely gift from Carol -- she is so talented!

Bertie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bertie said...

Lovely stitching Lois, the sampler story is gorgeous!
Beautiful presents from Carol, an accomplished stitcher and so are you!

Deb said...

Great starts Lois!! And wonderful presents from Carol!!

valerie said...

Lovely stitching Lois! Try to keep those pesky frogs away though! :) Such a pretty gift from Carol and a fun new chart to stitch too!

Shari said...

sampler story looks great....
you must have sent the frogs to my house because oh my....tonight has been full of frogs!
Great gift from Carol!

Myra said...

Your Sampler Story is going to be gorgeous and you are off to a great start. Lovely gifts from Carol, her stitching is truly amazing. Have a great weekend!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful starts, Lois! Awesome gift you received from Car.

Barb said...

Great starts! Carol is such an incredible finisher!

Krista said...

Great new starts, Lois! Love the colors on the La-d-da design, so pretty! Enjoy your weekend!

Siobhán said...

I love your new starts, Lois! Great job on staying on track with A Sampler Story. I love Carol's gifts to you!

Mary said...

Hi Lois, I can't wait to see how your "Sampler Story" adds a new chapter each month! What a great idea. And don't worry, those bothersome flowers will come along in their own sweet time. It looks like your stitching year is off to a very good start!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous new starts!!!!! Woohoo on finishing your first two blocks on the sampler piece. And sweet gift too :-)!!!!!

Meg said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
Your stitching is beautiful!
What a gorgeous present from Carol too.
Happy weekend!

Catherine said...

Those frogs have been busy lately....seems they paid me a visit this past week too! Lovely gifts from Carol ~ she is so sweet and her stitching/finishing is beautiful ~ enjoy!
Great projects you are working on!

Sherry said...

Seriously? The chocolate is long gone??? hee!!! xoxox

Melissa said...

You're making good progress on the Sampler Story, Lois. I also love the colours in By her Hand.

What lovely gifts from Carol. I am sure her stitching & finishing are just gorgeous too!

Have a good weekend!

Dona said...

Lois, Sampler Story is really coming along! I love your La D Da start, too. I'm hoping the frogs visiting you are from my house and I won't see them again!

Kathy Ellen said...

'Flora's Fauna' looks wonderful. I haven't seen 'A Sampler Story', and must look it up.

Lovely gifts from Carol....sweet little rabbit pillow. Enjoy stitching 'By Her Hand'.....love the sentiment.

Blessings!

Carol said...

You're off to a great start on A Sampler Story, Lois. I'll bet that is a fun one to stitch! And thanks for the tip about stitching from right to left on a large piece of fabric. I stitch in hand, too, and I"m sure that will come in handy if I ever stitch a huge design again :)

So glad you enjoyed my (late!) Christmas gifts--I really enjoyed stitching the bunny for you and I hope you'll enjoy him on your Christmas tree for years to come.

Hope the frog is finished visiting your new La D Da WIP--lovely fabric you've chosen...

I do hope your year is off to a good start and that your parents are feeling better each day :)

Nicola said...

Everything is so beautiful and what a great start to 2013.

Syd said...

Great starts! You have been one busy lady!

Denise said...

The sampler is looking lovely and
will be a treasure when completed.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a special gift from Carol!

Your stitching looks great!

Karoline said...

Lovely new starts Lois

Carol's gift is gorgeous

Anne said...

Beautiful starts Lois!! What a sweet little pillow from Carol!!Her finishes are always the sweetest kinds! The chocolate look good too!

Suzanne said...

Lovely new starts! What a great gift you received from Carol.

Brigitte said...

Oh, such great projects, two designers I love very much. The Sampler Story is still on my wish list but will be on my next buying list, lol.
Enjoy your wonderful goodies from Carol. Her stitching and finishing skills are really outstanding.