Monday, February 25, 2013

Progress.......


Hi everyone!  Goodness, I’m actually going to manage two blog posts in a month!  Been awhile since that happened!!!   I do have some progress to share on a couple of things and I am starting to get a little bit more stitching time these days which I am enjoying!

Here’s the third block from A Sampler Story.  I was a bit ‘iffy’ about this block only because it had to be filled in but, when I got down to stitching it, I had a complete change of heart and loved working on it!


Mind you, I’m not leaving myself much time to stitch the next one before the end of the month.  Going to work on that block this week and hopefully I can get it completed quickly.  

Here’s where I’m to on La D Da’s By Her Hand.  A few more of the flowers stitched and each and everyone has had to be frogged at some point when I’ve been working on the outline. I really don’t know what it is about these flowers but I seem to be developing a complex about them!!!! I'm using 32ct LL Vintage Sand Dune and the suggested overdyeds.


My first Christmas stitching for 2013 is BOAF’s Red Santa.  I’m aiming to stitch each of the BOAF Santas this year and have made a start on the green one (though can’t say I’ve stitched much of it yet!). If anyone is on Instagram, some of us are trying to work on Christmas themed pieces each Sunday.  Search for #santasundayxs and you can see what we’ve been up too.  If you want to join in you are more than welcome. It’s a no-pressure SAL, just stitch what you feel like stitching and share pics when you feel like it.

 Stitched on 32ct BOAF Meadowlark using a mix of suggested overdyeds & DMC

* Now that I've uploaded the picture I've realised I've forgotten to stitch the doll's hands and the bows in her hair!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments last time round.  The good news is that my parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary together, at home, on February 17th!  So far, so good, my mother is doing well and she is so happy to have made it back home again.

Until next time…..

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely progress ~ that block reminds me of Williamsburg!

Margaret said...

It's so good to hear your parents are together at home again! Yay! Happy anniversary to them as well. I love that block in the Sampler Story. I really have to stitch this one. Are you using the DMC? I should do a DMC run. lol! Love your BOAF Santa as well! Sorry the flowers on the La D Da piece are giving you so much trouble. Ugh.

Katrina said...

So glad your parents are home together!!!!!!!!! Love your sampler piece and the Santa is too cute!!!!!!

Giovanna said...

Great to hear your parents' good news, and a belated Happy Anniversary. Lovely stitching on everything - such a pretty new block on Sampler Story.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

It's so wonderful to hear about your parents, Lois! Your pieces are just lovely.

Vickie said...

Oh! Congratulations to your parents. Such an accomplishment, just wonderful. Now go give that dolly some hands!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great progress on the Sampler Story, Lois. I really love that piece and am going to have to add it to my list, I think. Your La D Da piece is darling, too.
I have been watching all the BOAF Santa's on instagram and am going to have to stitch those, as well. They are darling!

Anne said...

A Sampler Story is very sweet! I'm glad you had a change of heart and are enjoying stitching it now. Sometimes certain motifs or parts of a design calls for frogs! I hope you kicked him to the curb now! That's wonderful news about your parents celebrating their 65th!!!! anniversary at home together! Amazing!

Beth said...

Looks as though your stitching is going well. How wonderful that your parents were able to be together for their 65th anniversary.

Bertie said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents Lois, 65 is unusual nowadays!
Lovely stitching, I love filling in! No looking at charts lol! Sometimes it takes a picture to see the missing bits, it it lovely!
Have a great week;)

Melissa said...

I love that BOAF Santa. It seems like everybody has these and now I want to do them too!

Lovely progress on your stitching, Lois.

Glad to hear your parents are well and celebrated such a wonderful milestone!

Carol said...

I'm so happy to hear your parents are together and doing well, Lois. I've been thinking about all of you and hoping you're not racing back and forth to their house as much as you were last year...

All of your pieces look so wonderful--I have the BOAF Santas in my stash and really should pull them out this year... I do love the blocks on A Sampler Story--just gorgeous!

Hope your parents continue to stay healthy and that your next couple of months won't be too crazy busy :) Take care now...

Barb said...

Congratulations to your parents! Lovely stitching!

valerie said...

Wow, 65 years of marriage! I am so glad that your parents were able to celebrate together and they are feeling better. Love all your stitching. The block is Sampler Story is so soft and soothing. I am sure it was a joy to stitch. Love the LaDDa and BOAF pieces too. :)

Julie M said...

What wonderful stitching projects! I've eyed A Sampler Story for a year or so now. One of these days it'll leap into my bag, sooner probably now that I see yours!

Siobhán said...

65 years!! Wow, that's amazing. I'm so glad that they're doing well. God bless them.

Lovely stitching! I love your Santa, and A Sampler Story. Your La D Da is so pretty, too!

Mary said...

Lois, it does look like you've found a little more time for your stitching! I do love the little Santa, all ready for next December.

Here's wishing a very, very joyous 65th to your parents, I'm sure they have many blessings to celebrate, their loving daughter most of all.

Karoline said...

So glad to hear your Mother is home.

Cute Santa and your wips are looking lovely

Fiona said...

Great progress on your WIPs. Congratulations to your parents on their wedding anniversary.

dixiesamplar said...

Glad to hear that your Mother is doing well, and congrats to them on their anniversary achievement, WOW!

Love the stitching snaps...great job.