Saturday, April 13, 2013

All about squares....


Hi everyone!  Even though life has settled down I have found that getting back to what was my old routine has been more difficult than I thought. Everything is fine, my parents are settling in to their new ‘home’ and I’m no longer feeling like I’m constantly on the go.  Instead, I feel like I’ve gone from one extreme to the other and my problem over these last few weeks has been getting myself motivated to do anything! 

About the only thing I have been feeling like doing is stitching and having felt like I was falling behind on A Sampler Story that is what I've been working on.

First of all I completed this square….



Then I figured the next square looked like a quick stitch so I would keep working on it and, sure enough, it took me no time at all to stitch this one…..


That meant I was back on track to stitching the two squares for April.  The next one turned out to be another quick stitch…..


And by then I was really feeling like I was on a roll and this is where I am on the next square…..


By the end of April I’ll have 8 squares completed and 16 to go!!!



Hope all is well with you and yours.  I still haven’t managed to catch up with everyone’s blogs but hopefully that’s the next thing I can get back on track with.  Enjoy the weekend whatever your plans!

Until next time……

27 comments:

Catherine said...

Ooohhhh.....you are in a roll!! I am really loving this one!

Linda said...

Beautiful stitching - this sampler is going to be gorgeous when finished and you are certainly on a roll.

Vickie said...

Looking great. Glad things are going well.

Margaret said...

I've been enjoying seeing your blocks appear on Instagram. Great stuff! You are really going now! I think it's natural for you to feel sort of shell shocked after the switch to being more relaxed and no longer rushing back and forth. Take your time, enjoy the extra time, and you will get back to feeling right with the world. :D

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The decision is made - I'm going to order the chart for this lovely design. I'm really enjoying seeing your piece grow.

Lanie said...

A Sampler Story looks like a fun project ... your stitching looks great! Hope your parents are happy and content in their new home. That was a blessing that everything quickly fell into place for all of you.

Bertie said...

Good to hear you are trying to get back to normal and am sure you will Lois! Now you have less worries about your parents is nice. Love your sampler pieces, and seeing them come together;))
Have a fabulous weekend;))

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Sometimes it's fun to break the "rules"!!! Looks beautiful Lois. So exciting.

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching! Enjoy the weekend.

Jackie said...

It sounds like some down time is just what you needed!

You're making great progress on this piece and it's going to be a beauty!

Myra said...

I am glad things are better for you. Your stitching is so pretty - I just love this piece and you are making great progress.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

your sampler is looking very pretty :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

So glad your folks are settling in and you are getting some much needed you time! Your SS looks so pretty! I am really enjoying watching your progress. Take care!

Sharon said...

This is such a great piece and your stitching is beautiful!

Mouse said...

yup you are on a roll and really cute blocks they are too .... the reason is because you don't have to do anything your body has gone into megga chill mode .. enjoy and it will come back where you feel you will want to do a wee bit of housework ... :) love mouse xxxxxx

Chris said...

Beautiful progress. I hope that your routine gets back on track in the meantime.... Stitch!

valerie said...

Wow, you really managed to catch up. Sampler Story looks great! I am sure you'll get back into your routine too. I finally have some time to myself and all I want to do is watch tv and stitch altho I should really try to keep up with the housework and tackle the closets! See...that doesn't sound fun at all. Ugh!

Barb said...

What a lovely project! Great stitching!

Mary said...

Love seeing your Sampler Story come to life! Go ahead and ride the roll, you've certainly earned it.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching.

Fiona said...

So glad things have settled down for you. You really are on a roll and when that happens it is best to just keep on rolling.

Carol said...

I'm so happy to hear your parents have settled in to their new place, Lois--what a relief!! And for you to have all of this extra time must feel like heaven!! Your sampler is so sweet and I particularly love the oranges block :)

Hope your week is off to a good start and that your days are warming up!

Katrina said...

Lois even though sings are settling down it takes a bit to come down from always being in crisis mode. So glad your parents are settling into their new home. Give yourself time and stitch away ;-). Love your sampler piece. S

Sally said...

Wow you have made fantastic progress Lois!

Karoline said...

It's looking lovely, great progress

Anne said...

So glad that your parents are settled now and you have more time! Love the progress Lois! Those little squares are so darling to look at and I'm sure are a lot of fun to stitch! Hugs!!

Tea norman said...

Beautiful handiwork~