Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Back on track...


Hi everyone! It’s not like I was really behind on A Sampler Story but having finished the 8th square it’s good to feel like I’m back on track with it.

 The Sampler Company's A Sampler Story stitched on 32ct Belfast cream linen using suggested threads

I’m now putting this to one side until next month (which isn’t that far away!) and going to be picking up this one again, Red Cottage by Plum Street Samplers.



 PSS Red Cottage stitched on 32ct Vintage Meadow Rue using suggested threads

It’s been sitting somewhat neglected for the last month or so.  I was thinking I hadn’t stitched any more on this since the last time I mentioned it in a blog post so I was surprised to find that I had actually stitched a little bit –  well, if you can call two leaves, a bit of stem and a chimney a little bit more!  I’m aiming to stitch on this for the rest of the month.

I do have a finish to report – the second BOAF Santa is completed. 

BOAF Green Santa stitched on 32ct BOAF Meadow Lark using suggested threads

 I felt like this guy took me forever to stitch.  I was only stitching him on Sundays, keeping on track with #santasundayxs on Instagram, and there were some Sundays that I managed no stitching at all, but it still took me 8 weeks to actual stitch him which felt like an awfully long time!!!!  So two done in 4 months!! I thought about changing tack and stitching on something different but then I thought, no, let’s keep going.  Next one up is the black one and hopefully that will be a quicker stitch!!!!!

Life is settling down gradually.  My parents are doing okay and, as each week passes, I can see them becoming more comfortable in their new surroundings.  Meanwhile, there is a big event just around the corner for us – a wedding! Our daughter will be getting married in just over 4 weeks time so we are starting to be on a countdown to that!

Hope all is well with you and yours! 
Until next time……

26 comments:

Chris said...

Love your Santa finish. Your other projects are looking great too.
Glad to hear that your parents are getting settled. I hope that the wedding is perfect. What an exciting time!

Catherine said...

Love your projects! That is good to hear that your parents are settling in. A wedding ~ how fun! Hope that all goes perfectly!

Bertie said...

Very nice to see the sampler story so far. And great stitching on your Santa and red cottage!
Glad your parents are well too!
You will have a busy time with your daughters wedding, sound wonderful Lois, fingers xx for good weather;)

Jackie said...

You're working on some really pretty projects. Congratulations on finishing green Santa!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

You have great WIPs and a darling Santa finish. Glad your folks are doing well. How fun (and potentially stressful) a wedding!!!

Vickie said...

Beautiful stitching!
How great that your parents are doing well still.
How wonderful to have your daughter's wedding coming right up.

Margaret said...

Love your Sampler Story -- I really have to get mine all kitted up. Time for a DMC run. lol! Love all your WIPs -- and love the Santa! Glad your parents are settling in well. Good luck with the wedding -- so exciting for sure!

Sally said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous Lois. Love the PSS one especially.

Cute ornament finish.

Katrina said...

Your Santa is so sweet and I love your Sampler piece and the Red House by PSS!!!!!! Woohoo on the wedding, enjoy :-).

Deb said...

I just love your Santa finish. I really need to get going on mine again, but I got caught up in other things. I love your two other projects too - especially Red Cottage - I love anything with red in it.

Carol said...

Things must be bustling around your home with the upcoming wedding, Lois! I can't believe you're finding any time to stitch at all :)

Your Sampler is darling--love the two little girls in blue. So sweet...
And the BOAF Santa is wonderful. I have the set of four, too--really need to add them to my list.

Glad your parents are becoming more and more comfortable in their new home...what a relief to have them safe and nearby.

Hope you have a lovely week!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

BOAF designs are really quite special when you see them stitched up. I've made a start on A Sampler Story - hopefully it will progress as nicely as your piece Lois.

Annette-California said...

Love the meadow lark color on your Santa. Congrats on completing him. Your wips are Beautiful. Wow a wedding how wonderful. You and Ma TeaKettle are both preparing for a wedding at the same time both in 4 weeks:) Enjoy all these very precious days getting ready and of course the actual day itself:)
love Annette

Fiona said...

Pretty Santa finish. I like the colours in you Plum Street design.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your Santa finish! It's ok that it took a while...at least you finished! Good for you for keeping up with your sampler story piece. It's so pretty! Great progress on Red Cottage too. I hope all goes well with your daughters wedding. How exciting!

Barb said...

How exciting about the wedding!! I do love your WIPS. The red cottage is on my to do list. Santa is adorable.

Maggee said...

Now that the folks are getting settled, time for your daughter to also get settled into a new life. What WILL you do with the extra time you will have? Hmmmm... let me guess... I have Red Cottage in my pile of want-to-do it-now stash. We shall see. Hugs!

Melissa said...

Four weeks? You must be near giddy anticipating the happy event!

Wonderful stitching as usual, Lois. I have the Red Cottage piece too, just waiting to be stitched!

Glad to hear your parents are doing well.

Deborah said...

Great Santa! Love the sampler story.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching. Your Santa finish is gorgeous. Pleased to hear your parents are settling down well in their new home.

Myra said...

Oh I know that wedding is going to bee keeping you busy, busy. Lovely stitching as always.

Giovanna said...

What a great set of projects! Congrats on finishing the Santa, and nice going on the rest. Glad to read that your parents are doing well.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

love your boaf finish - Amanda

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing your Santa & the sampler blocks

The red house is looking lovely, nice to see it again.

Hope all the wedding prep goes well

Brigitte said...

Oh Lois, we seem to have a very similar taste - I have just bought the Sampler Story - I love Brenda Keyes' designs - and the red House is on my order list for the next time. And yes, I also love the little Santa you've finished here. Great stitching!

Angie Burrett said...

Having seen The Sampler Story on your Blog I have just sent for the pattern. Thank you for sharing - I might never have known about it otherwise! I have also bought Brenda's Noah's Ark and a gorgeous sampler with a red house - my fingers are itching to get started!