Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A house, some flowers and a santa.....


Hi everyone! Finally, a day here where the sky is blue and we’re having some much overdue sunshine and it actually feels pleasant outside!  Mind you, the weather forecasters have said to enjoy it today as by tomorrow we’ll be back to rain again!!! 

I've been enjoying PSS A Red Cottage ……


Stitched on 32ct Vintage Meadow Rue using suggested threads

I love stitching in red and houses are another favourite of mine, although it’s been a while since I stitched any. I love how the flowers pop off the linen too. Such a pretty piece to stitch.  Only the over one house to stitch (okay, I’ve sort of been putting that off!) and a couple of the red motifs and then I’ll have a finish to share.

Here’s a progress pic of the next BOAF Santa, the black one. 


Stitched on 32ct BOAF Meadowlark using suggested threads

He’s looking slightly odd without a body but I couldn’t resist stitching the stocking and having a bit of a change of colour.  I feel like he’s stitching up much more quickly than the green one.   I loved the green Santa but when I was stitching him he just seemed to drag along.  This time round, I’m feeling a lot more love for this little guy!

Another day or two working on A Red Cottage and then I plan to get back to A Sampler Story.  Having got back on track, if I’m not careful I’ll be falling behind again.

Hope all is well with you and yours!  We’re very definitely on a wedding countdown – 17 days to go - now if we could just have weather like today on the day……!!!!

Until next time……

29 comments:

Bertie said...

I do love your Red cottage Lois, oh so many things are waiting and no time! Santa is lovely too!
Yes do enjoy the sun, it is hot here and yes tomorrow does not look good:(
Have a good week:))

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Red cottage looks beautiful, Lois! The Santa is fantastic! I really must get busy stitching them! Enjoy your pretty weather and my fingers are crossed for good weather on the big day!

Vickie said...

ooOoo! That Red Cottage is fabulous!
The wedding will be here so quick.

Carol said...

Oh, only 17 days!! I can still remember when you first told me about their engagement, Lois, and it seemed so far away. Where have the months gone? I, too, hope the sun is shining on the big day!

Your Red Cottage and Santa are both looking wonderful--glad the black one is stitching up quicker than the green.

Will be thinking of you over the next busy weeks--I know it will be a special day for all!! Hugs to you, my friend...

Margaret said...

Love both pieces! Wonderful! Good luck with all the wedding prep!

Patty C. said...

love love love A Red Cottage ... & The Santa is going to be just amazing when he has a body - lol

Pam in IL said...

Your stitching is lovely!

Sending happy thoughts for sunshine on wedding day!

Brigitte said...

I also love stitching with red - all sorts of red. So this pattern is a must for me.
Lovely progress on both your WIPs.

Deb said...

I love your Red Cottage and the Santa as well. I have kind of peetered out on stitching the Santas, but Red Cottage is very close to the top of the stitching pile!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Both projects look really good, Plum Street designs are never fail to please.

valerie said...

Great progress on Red Cottage and Black Santa. They both look great! Good luck with the wedding! I hope if goes off with no problems and you have perfect weather for the special day!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Beautiful stitching, I also get bored with stitching one colour and will jump around the design for a break - Hugs, Amanda

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great progress on PSS red cottage.

We are also on wedding count down--11 days

Barb said...

I do love the red cottage!! Enjoy the pre-wedding time! It is busy but I hope you will have fun!

Melissa said...

Wow, how exciting, 17 days to go! Who's most jittery? Exciting times ahead!

Love both the Red Cottage and the Black Santa!

Mary said...

Lois, happier times are coming - how exciting!

I'm so glad to see youv'e found a little more time to pick up your stitching again. The red cottage is gorgeous! And the black Santa looks like such a fun guy, Hope the work on both continues on smoothly.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Red Cottage...cute as a button! And I adore the BOAF santa :)

Mary said...

Lois, the Red Cottage is looking wonderful. I love red and it's so fun to stitch with, isn't it?
Santa is coming along, too. I enjoyed your comment about stitching the stocking...I tend to skip around on a piece to if the color starts to get monotonous.

Sending Best Wishes for a happy, sunny wonderful wedding.

I'm back in blogland....finally!

Catherine said...

Love both of these!! Good luck with all of the wedding prep!!

Katrina said...

Love your red cottage!!!!! Pretty finish. Hope the wedding is wonderful and the weather cooperates :-).

Fiona said...

Two lovely projects. I am hoping the weather improves too as it has been horrible the last few days, apart from Tuesday, which was sunny and warm.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching.

Maggee said...

As I get to stitching my Red Cottage, I will be done without stitching the over-one part! Don't do that, and it looks fine without it! I carefully considered that before buying the chart... Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Sally said...

Gorgeous progress on your Red House and Santa.

Here's hoping for good weather for the big day.

Anne said...

Love your Red Cottage progress so far!! I have to stitch this one at some point!! The santa is cute too!

Jackie said...

You're going to have a busy 17 days!

Red Cottage is looking good. I hadn't realized the house was over 1. I do love the look of over 1 but it can be a bear at times.

Karoline said...

Red Cottage is looking gorgeous & your Santa is lovely

Giovanna said...

Lovely WIPs - the house is particularly wonderful.

Sharon said...

Both are looking great!