Monday, June 3, 2013

As the dust settles....

Hi everyone!  I had this insane idea that I would manage another blog post before our daughter’s wedding.  A combination of being busy and lack of stitching time and even though I thought I might do a quick fly-by post well, obviously it didn’t happen!  Although the wedding happened on May 24th it has taken more time than I thought it would to get settled back into a more normal routine and I’ve really only got back to some stitching in the last few days.

Stitching first.  Well, there I was being all smug about getting caught up on A Sampler Story.  Didn’t take me long to fall off that particular wagon.  Here is where I’m too…



I had made a start on the 9th square right after the last time I blogged so I had made a bit of progress with that but I only finished it last week and a start made on the 10th one.  Some filling in to do which I tend to have a love/hate relationship with. So, May squares not finished but, given that the French Open tennis is on,  I’m treating myself to sitting in front of the tv, watching tennis to my heart’s content and stitching (and closing my eyes to the state of the house!) and I should get caught up (again!!).


The Sampler Company (Brenda Keyes) A Sampler Story on 32ct cream linen and suggested threads

I do have one finish to share, another of the BOAF Santas.  You know, I think this one is my favourite so far.  I think it’s the black and the red and the contrast with the fabric and he just makes me smile.



BOAF Black Santa using 32ct BOAF Meadowlark linen and suggested threads

And now to the wedding.  We had the most wonderful day. The weather co-operated by being sunny, the happy couple spent the whole time smiling and enjoying their day, I loved every minute of the day while my DH relaxed and enjoyed it more once his speech was made at the reception!!  I don’t usually share pics of my family on here but in this case, I’m making an exception….

 
(pic should be clickable if you want a closer look)

Until next time….

27 comments:

Mary said...

A Sampler Story is beautiful, Lois.
You are making great progress.

Love the Santa. Yes the black and red are different and eye-catching.

Your daughter looks lovely. What a wonderful day you all must have had.
Congratulations....well done!

Catherine said...

Love your Sampler ad that Santa is too cute!! Beautiful family you have there ~ so glad all went well.

Bertie said...

Lois your sampler story is wonderful so far! Yes i agree the black Santa is best!!
Lovely pictures of the wedding, gorgeous dress and it looks sunny, good to hear the day was a success.
Have a good and sunny week :))

Vickie said...

What a beautiful, happy couple. So glad their day went well. Such gorgeous wedding colors.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely post, I'm still enjoying seeing your sampler progress - it looks great.

Penny said...

Isn't it amazing how much there is to do before a wedding, and just how long it takes to get back to normal afterwards. They make a lovely couple! :) I just love A Sampler story! Love the santa finish too! Relax and enjoy your stitching and tennis. :)

Penny said...

Meant to say your daughter's dress is just gorgeous!! :)

Sherry/Cherie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

The wedding was beautiful in every way -- the bride & groom beaming, the mother of the bride was classy, elegant and beautiful and the father of the bride handsome and charming. Couldn't have asked for better -- even the sky co-operated!!

As for the piece you're working on -- I was actually holding that, touching it and looking at it when I was there -- can you imagine how cool that is??? xoxox

Jodi S said...

You are moving right along on the 'Story' and will be caught up before you know it! I love the BOAF santa. I have been trying to get my hands on some of these patterns but I haven't seen them to purchase. Congrats on the wedding!

Lynn said...

Your Sampler Story is moving along nicely and I adore your latest Santa!
What a lovely couple! Your daughter was a beautiful bride. Her dress is so very pretty. Congrats to the happy couple!

Carol said...

I'm so happy you shared the photos of your daughter's happy day, Lois--she is just radiant and they make a beautiful couple. Love the bridesmaid's dresses, too! How blessed you were with the weather--I'd say that marks a perfect start to their life :)

The BOAF Santa is so great--why I haven't stitched them myself is a mystery! And I'll bet you'll have A Sampler Story all finished up the next time you post--it looks great!

Hope June is off to a great start for you (although I'm sure nothing will match your day on May 24th!!)...

Margaret said...

Your DD is so beautiful, and looks so happy too! Congratulations to the happy couple! Love your BOAF Santa finish! And your Sampler Story -- gorgeous! Every time I see it, I think I need to stitch it. I just need to buy the threads.

Jackie said...

I think Black Santa is my favorite in this series. Sampler Story is looking wonderful. What a beautiful couple the bride and groom make.

Krista said...

Hi Lois, Your stitching is looking great! Love the BOAF Santa!!
What a beautiful couple, it looks like it was a day filled with happiness. Thank you for sharing.

Barb said...

Your daughter was a beautiful bride! The Sampler Story is lovely and the Santa , very cute.

Katrina said...

All the wedding pictures are wonderful, I've enjoyed seeing them on Facebook too. Your DD is just beautiful and her DH is very handsome :-).

Love your sampler piece, you'll get all caught up again and the Santa is so sweet.

Melissa said...

Congratulations to one & all. The Happy Couple looks gorgeous together! How nice that the weather cooperated too.

You're doing well with the Sampler Story and the BOAF Santa is so cute!

Mouse said...

awww they look a lovely couple and now you can chill and relax and get back to the stitching and don't panic about the dust etc ... if any one complains .... pass them the cleaning stuff ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Mary said...

Lois, I so enjoyed all the beautiful wedding pictures that were shared on FB. Looks as though the day - and the bride - were both lovely. Congratulations to all.

And how nice for you to settle back in for some quiet time now. The BOAF Santa is so....spunky! What are your plans for finishing?

You're definitely in the home stretch now with A Sampler Story. Hopefully it will finish up quickly with just a little more work put in. Enjoy yourself!

Chris said...

What a gorgeous wedding. The bride is stunning. Congratulations to them and wishes for a long love filled marriage.
The stitching is wonderful too. I do love that Santa :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a beautiful wedding day and a beautiful couple. Your daughter is absolutely lovely and her dress, too.
A Sampler Story is really looking great. I really need to order the chart - OMG, there are so many I MUST do.
Love the black suited Santa - hes adorable!!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your stitching is gorgeous, as is your family.

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching on the sampler! Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law.

Jan Gartlan said...

What pretty wedding photos. A lovely WIP too

Karoline said...

Glad that the wedding went well, your daughter looked gorgeous and both of them very happy.

Nice progress on your wips, they're lovely

gracie said...

Beautiful wedding pictures and lovely stitching...