Monday, July 1, 2013

12 down, 12 to go.....

Hi everyone!  New month, new week, so let’s get the ball rolling with a new blog post!  Although it is now July (can anyone tell me how we got to this stage in the year so quickly?!?!?) I did finish the second of the two blocks from A Sampler Story towards the end of last week – so technically staying on track with it.  Here are the two blocks for June - the sheep in the meadow and the two bunnies under the tree.


I’m very happy to report that I’ve reached the midway point on this one, 12 blocks down, 12 to go!!!!  Here’s how it’s looking……
  

The Sampler Company's A Sampler Story on 32ct cream linen and suggested DMC

And here’s a sneak peek of the next block I’ll be adding in.  I’m looking forward to this block, I will be using some of the stronger colours again and I know I’ll enjoy that.



Another finish to report this time!  In fact, sort of two finishes!!!  Here’s the 4th and last BOAF Santa, the gold one.  Must admit I wasn’t overly fussed on the colours of this guy when I first started him (probably why I left him to the last!!!) but when I was putting the final stitches in yesterday I realised he’d grown on me and I was feeling more affectionate towards him!!  His coat is meant to be stitched in metallic gold but I decided against that and went with DMC 680.


BOAF Gold Santa on 32ct BOAF Meadowlark linen & mix of suggested overdyeds & DMC

Ta-da!!!  A long held stitching wish was to stitch all four BOAF Santas and, now that Mr Gold is done here they all are…..


All 4 stitched on 32ct BOAF Meadowlark linen with a mix of suggested overdyeds & DMC

It has taken me 6 months to get these four stitched and it has definitely been thanks to Instagram and #santasundayxs.  If  anyone is on Instagram and would like to join in you are more than welcome.  It’s as simple as stitching Christmas related pieces on a Sunday, no pressure, no deadline, just posting pics of any progress you make.   

Thanks for all your lovely comments last time round about my grandmother’s wedding veil.  I’ve ordered some acid-free tissue paper so that I can pack it away correctly and hopefully it will be around to be passed down through future generations.

Hope all is well with you and yours. 
Until the next time…

    

22 comments:

Carol said...

I'm loving A Sampler Story more every time you post, Lois! That is going to be one big piece--I had no idea there were 24 blocks in it. You've done a great job in keeping up with them all year and I think the two you stitched this month may be my favorite ones yet :)

Congratulations on finishing all four BOAF Santas--I think I like Mr. Greenie with his pretzel the best! Will you finish them all in the same manner?

Glad your grandmother's wedding veil will be well preserved--it really is a treasure.

Hope your summer is going well!

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness, I just love your Sampler Story! I so need to stitch this one up! Love all your BOAF Santas too -- what a wonderful collection!

Beth said...

The bunnies, the sheep, the floral and fauna, the ark... so many wonderful squares. Like your santas too - you've been extremely productive!

Jackie said...

Two more blocks down! It's looking really good - love the fabric. The Santas look especially good together don't you think?

Vickie said...

Oh the Santa collection is great. I just cannot imagine the Gold Santa in gold metallic thread! Yikes!

Chris said...

Fabulous update! You are at the halfway point!
The Santas are really wonderful!
Have a great week.

Giovanna said...

Well done on the Santa quartet, and on reaching the half-way post on Sampler Story - lovely stitching.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Just love your Santa's! And, Sampler Story is fantastic!

Bertie said...

Fabulous Lois, you really make me want to do the Sampler story now, I have the pattern but don't know about the time. The same for the Santa's, gorgeous. I do like the dmc 680 better than the metallic too.
Have a good week.

Melissa said...

Oh I love those Santas! I think I will have to find mine. Did you use the DMC floss or the overdyed? They are so cute!

You are making great progress on Sampler Story! Half way through. It must be fun though like doing a small each time.

As usual, I am behind everyone else and have not ventured into Instagram yet!

Have a great week, Lois!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sampler Story looks really good, I think I may stitch mine it two halves now that I've seen your first half stitched. It would make it so much easier for me to manage.

Deborah said...

i love this piece! Looking forward to more posts.

Krista said...

Your sampler story looks so fantastic! All those Santas look darling!! Love them! Happy 4th, Lois!

Penny said...

I love each block in this piece! And those Santas are too cute!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

That lovely piece is coming right along. I have those Santas done, too, but can't decide what to do with them. Look forward to seeing what you decide.

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous stitching.

Catherine said...

Loving your sampler story!! It will be amazing when finished! Congrats on the Santas!!! They are such a great set ~ looking forward to seeing ow you finish them. I need to get back to doing some SantaSumdays!

Lynn said...

Congrats on finishing your Santas! They look wonderful! I think Mr. Gold looks rather dapper myself. I love his stockings!
Sampler Story looks amazing. I didn't realize how large a piece this one was. I can't wait to see more!

Katrina said...

Love the sampler piece and your Santas are just wonderful.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE your work on A Sampler Story - you've inspired me to add it to my Wish-List :) Your Santas look great also which reminds me I need to start stitching mine if they want to make it onto the tree this year! Looking forward to seeing more of the Sampler Story!

Brigitte said...

I love your Santas, they look so beautiful.
Great progress on A Sampler's Story.

Sally said...

Your Sampler Story is looking amazing Lois. Lovely PS Santa.