Friday, July 19, 2013

Rotation?!? Me?!?!

Hi everyone!  Between life being busy (in a good way – some time spent in Edinburgh with our eldest son) and some lovely summer weather I’ve been finding stitching taking something of a back seat.  I did have a burst of enthusiasm to keep working on A Sampler Story at the start of July but then I got the notion to throw something else into the mix and started something new.

First up, here’s the next completed block of A Sampler Story.  13 down 11 to go!!



Then into the mix I’ve thrown Sheepish Designs Simple Guidance.  This was a birthday gift last year from my dear friend Carol of Stitching Dreams (if you aren’t familiar with her blog do drop by and see all her lovely stitching). I am ashamed to report that it’s been in my ‘to do’ basket for almost a year so it felt very good to start it!!!  



Only a little stitched on this so far but I’m going to keep it in the mix.  I’m stitching this on fabric from my stash that all I can tell you is a Lakeside linen with the suggested DMC.

I’ve picked up PSS Red Cottage from the framer since I last blogged.  I had asked if it would be possible to have it by the end of July and she went one better than that and did it for me in just over a week.  I’m thrilled with what she’s done, the specific requests from my daughter were that it had mats and a dark frame.  The mid-colour on the mats is a perfect shade of green and the plain dark frame works well.



I know you can’t see it very clearly.  We’re heading to England next month to visit our daughter and son-in-law and I decided to keep the plastic wrap on as I don’t want risk damaging it before I’ve handed it over. 

And finally, aside from working on  SD’s Simple Elegance I’m going to be starting a SAL on Instagram for Bright Needle’s Lo How a Rose.



Every so often I’d check on Amazon UK to see if I could find a copy of the book the chart is in. I hadn’t looked for I couldn’t tell you how long but it came into my head to check and, lo and behold, I picked up a copy for next to nothing with free postage.  Aim is to have it finished by Christmas and I’m using the suggested cream fabric and a mix of overdyeds and DMC.

Did I really say at one time I wasn’t a rotation stitcher in any shape or form?!?!?!  Somehow I seem to be drifting into rotation – let’s see how I get on!!!

The weekend is almost here and it’s to be another hot and sunny one with us.  My plants are loving all this hot weather and I am loathe to complain about it being too hot given that our last few summers have been non-existent!!!!!  I just wish it was a bit cooler and more comfortable at night! Whatever your plans this weekend – enjoy!


Until next time…..

23 comments:

Vickie said...

My what pretty projects! I just love Red Cottage.

pam said...

Love the bright needle. May look into that one

Barb said...

All of your projects look lovely. I just love the red cottage!

Sally said...

Everything looks lovely Lois. Love your red house framed.

Oooh how wonderful you managed that book with Lo How A Rose in it. Can you remind me what the book is please?

Melissa said...

Lois, that Red Cottage is just beautiful in the frame - perfect!

A rotation stitcher, hmmm? I enjoy seeing other stitchers' rotation but I have never been good with that. I hope it works out for you!

Great progress on your Sampler Story.

I have to remind myself too to enjoy the hot weather as well!

Bertie said...

You will get there Lois, it is too hot to stitch lol.
The framers did a wonderful job on your Red Cottage! Look forward to seeing more of your new starts;)
Enjoy the heatwave;))

Margaret said...

I love all your stitching projects! Beautiful! I hope you are more successful with rotations than I usually am. lol! Love the Red Cottage framing too!

slsmyth said...

The framing is fabulous -- they are going to love it!! xoxox

Anna van Schurman said...

Welcome to the dark side (rotation stitching). LOL. Red Cottage looks fabulous framed. Lucky daughter!

Anne said...

Lovely WIP's Lois!! The frame for the PSS's Red Cottage is perfect! I'm like you and not a rotation gal, but I should be as I have so many projects on the go and I tend to leave them for months at a time. Here's to rotations!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lo How A Rose is such a pretty design, I'm glad you found a copy of the book. It's a nice feeling when you manage to get hold of a hard to find design. I thought you lived in England Lois, I don't know why really. It's been very hot with us this week again, we are not used to this at all. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh, I shop there most weekends as I love it.

Giovanna said...

Great going on the stitching, and lovely frame on Red Cottage - loved seeing it all :-)

Brigitte said...

Very nice progress on the Sampler Story. And good that you started the Sheepish Designs project. I don't know a single one that I wouldn't love to start stitching.
You're lucky to have found Lo How a Rose. Enjoy the SAL.

Mary said...

Hi Lois! Sounds like you've settled to a good summer. Enjoy it!

Love ALL the projects, from finished to just getting started. At lest with several things in the works, you won't have to worry about getting bored with any one thing. Sooner or later, another ifnish will happen!

Krista said...

Lots of wonderful projects happening! Love that red cottage design and it looks fab in that frame. Can you tell me what book/mag that Lo How a Rose pattern is in? Looks like a fun one! Have a wonderful trip to England. Enjoy your weekend!

Pam in IL said...

Lots of lovely stitching! Can't wait to see your progress on all your projects.

Safe travels!

Penny said...

Love seeing each new addition to A Sampler Story! I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress on Simple Guidance - such a pretty sampler. Red Cottage looks lovely framed - lucky daughter! :) Good luck on your rotation stitching. :)

Karoline said...

Your wips are looking gorgeous Lois, great progress

Red Cottage is looking lovely framed

Katrina said...

Love, love, love the gift for your daughter and new son-in-law. The framing is just perfect. And what a fun rotation, can't wait to watch your progress. Lo How a Rose is one of my favorite Brightneedle designs :-). I have the book somewhere too.

Carol said...

Your framed piece is just perfect--I'll bet your daughter can hardly wait to get it hung on her wall, Lois! And I'm happy to see you're starting Simple Guidance--some one has yet another birthday coming around soon, doesn't she :) Oh, how these years roll by...

I found Lo How a Rose in an old library book here, but still haven't started it. My stitching seems to be almost non-existent these days with all my traveling and our horrid hot, humid weather!

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend, my friend :)

Catherine said...

Wonderful projects!! Love the PSS finish ~ looks great in that frame and mats!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Love the framed project.

Maggee said...

You have done what I intend to do with my Red House--substitute the over one itty bitty house for initials! As soon as I get it in my rotation! And I started Lo How a Rose early this year and was hoping to complete it for Christmas this year. Maybe I should join the SAL... tho I have no idea what Instagram is! Hugs!