Friday, October 25, 2013

A finish, an almost finish and a finish down the road....

Hi everyone!  Time for a chat about what’s been going on with my needle and thread lately.  I am at least going to have one seasonal finish this autumn!  Since my last blog post I finished this older freebie by With Thy Needle & Thread (you can find it here). 


Stitched on fabric from my stash and the suggested colours but my interpretation of which colour went where.  Now if I could just ‘finish finish’ this one……could be that it will be next autumn before I can actually display it as ‘something’ not just a stitched piece!

Next up, another seasonal piece, Ghoul Tidings from Paulette at Plum Street Samplers which is in the JCS Halloween issue this year. 

I’m using the suggested colours and a fabric from my stash, no idea what colour it is, but I like how it is working with the suggested threads and I’m pleased to be using something from my stash that has been waiting to be used for a number of years.

There has been some dilly-dallying this month with A Sampler Story with only the first of two planned blocks for this month completed to date.  When I finally got down to it I had fun with Adam and Eve. 


Next week the whole focus will be stitching the second square for the month.  After that I’ll only have four more squares to complete!!!!

I hope I’m not getting ahead of myself in saying that another finish could be right around the corner.  I’ve now had several Wednesdays, the SAL day on IG for BN’s Lo How a Rose sampler, where I really feel like I’m making progress.  After Wednesday’s stitching this is how the piece was looking…….


 I feel a bit like I’m tempting fate saying that I’m only going to need one more Wednesday to complete this but, fingers crossed!   

Like many of us, I’ve been enjoying the Sunday Mystery Sampler over at Plum Street Samplers.  I love that there are only a couple of motifs to stitch each Sunday so it really is a piece that is easy to keep up with. 


I’m stitching Mary’s Sampler II using the suggested Vintage Examplar but in 32ct and the suggested colours.

And that’s about it from my corner of the stitching world!  Thanks for all your lovely comments last time round, I may be blogging a number of years now but finding that someone has taken time to leave a comment never gets old.  Hope all is well with you and yours and that you have a lovely weekend!

Until next time…. 


26 comments:

Jackie said...

The freebie from With Thy Needle and Thread is one of my favorites. I need to stitch it! You've been busy working on beautiful projects. I've really enjoyed watching your progress on A Sampler Story.

Margaret said...

Lovely finish! Love all your WIPs too. Yes, you will only need one more Wednesday to finish Lo How a Rose. Go go go! Love seeing everything!

Vickie said...

Great job! You are staying on top of it! And getting quite a bit accomplished too.

pam said...

I'm dizzy from all your progress. It all looks great!I will have to grab that freebie

Beth said...

Great stitching going on there. Adam and Eve are darling and your Rose project so very pretty.

Katrina said...

Fun projects!!!!! I love the sampler piece and Lo How a Rose!!!! Both are just gorgeous.

Justine said...

I love all your projects! Especially the little freebie. So cute. I look forward to happy dancing with you next Weds!

Mouse said...

this is one I want to stitch too .. and I am sure you could get it finished finished in time :)
well done on the almost there too paws crossed you make it hehehe ... lovely projects you are working on .... take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxxx

Marilyn said...

All great projects!
I think my fav is Lo How a Rose, very pretty.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Wonderful stitching Lois! I love your fall finish and stitching.
Have a great weekend!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your autumn finish. I too have this freebie chart but haven;t stitched it yet. Seeing yours - it's Beautiful. Love seeing all your projects - great progress.
love Annette

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your finish. So many lovely WIPs too. I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress with these ones.

Sherry said...

Love all your stitching. I have been meaning to start the PSS mystery sampler but I may just have to print it out and do it later.

Karoline said...

Congratulations in your finish, it's gorgeous & you are making great progress on your other projects. I looking forward to seeing the completed Lo

Mary said...

You have been quite busy, Lois!
All of your pieces are lovely and you are making wonderful progress.
I hope this week will bring us some time for finishing. I have a few, too....so fingers crossed :)

Melissa said...

Lois, I see you've been busy with lots of projects! Good for you. Lo' is almost done!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching.

Mary said...

Busy as usual! So glad to see you're getting so much done.

Giovanna said...

They're all lovely, finished or not - great stitching.

Sally said...

You are stitching on some lovely things, Lois, and making wonderful progress.

valerie said...

You've been keeping busy Lois! So many wonderful stitches! Love the Autumn freebie and Ghoul Tidings looks fantastic! I finally just got the magazine and all because of that design. Sampler Story looks wonderful as always and look at you go on 'Lo! I think you'll have a finish there real soon. :)

Maggee said...

All your projects are looking fabulous! Congrats on the WTN finish--I love mine! I put it on a plaque and it hangs in my living every fall! Or my foyer... I bet you finished Lo How a Rose this week! I actually pulled mine out while on my retreat... cannot remember how much I got stitched. Not always easy to get much done when there are over a hundred stitchers gathered around you! Hugs!

Catherine said...

Great projects!!!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great stitching. I loved doing Ghoul Tidings, too.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, so much lovely stitching. And all the projects are projects that I'd love to stitch, too.