Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A man, his dog and other things........


Hi everyone!  Given that we are more than a few days into October I know I could always pretend that I just didn’t get round to posting my September progress on ‘old faithful’ and leave it at that.  But no, having a need to tell it as it is I have to say that I didn’t manage to complete my two planned squares for September.  The second one was only finished a couple of days ago and, given that’s the first time I haven’t kept to my ‘plan’ it’s not really an issue.  Life happened and also, it’s a bit of a case of too many fingers in too many stitching pies at the moment so I’ve had a moment of clarity on that score and I’m going to try and be ‘good’ and not start anything more in the meantime!!!!

And in talking about ‘old faithful’ here is said square that I finally stitched….


And, here are the two September squares…….


DS#2 was home for the weekend and I put him to good use - got him to hold the whole piece up as I thought you might all like to see how it’s looking so far.  Can you believe I’ve only 6 squares left?!?!!  The only hint I’m going to give about the next square I’m due to stitch is that those of you who love stitching Adam and Eve pieces will like this square!  Okay, that’s a pretty broad hint, you’ll all know what the next square is about!!!


Aside from my moment of clarity about juggling too many projects this happened….


Oh yes, the classic slicing the top of your finger on a food processor blade!!  That curtailed my stitching for a few days.  The ironic thing was as I was washing it I’m saying to myself ‘watch you don’t cut yourself’ and then, lo and behold, in a split second the damage was done!!!  All healed now and stitching has resumed.


It did curtail my stitching on BN’s Lo How a Rose for the Wednesday SAL on Instagram but by the next Wednesday I was up and running again and here’s a progress pic..... 
  


Plus a pic of my overall progress...

I have indeed started Paulette’s Ghoul Tidings from the JCS Halloween issue.  What a fun piece.  I’m really not into stitching with orange but there is something about this time of year that makes me want to stitch this colour!  Fabric for this is from my stash – will say by the texture that it’s R&R but no idea the colour other than it’s a sort of brown/grey – and I’m using the suggested threads (just went with what I had in my stash so it’s a mix of DMC and overdyeds).


I have restrained myself from starting BBD’s Witch No More although will admit to having it kitted up and ready to go!!!  Also, I’d a nice mail day last week when this order turned up (and yes, I’m champing at the bit to start Yuletide Welcome but self-control is winning at the moment!!!!).  As ever, in the Christmas Ornament issue there are a number that I would love to stitch – whether I get round to it or not is another matter!!!! 


And that is what’s been happening around here lately!  Hope all is well with you and yours!


Until next time…..

23 comments:

Vickie said...

So glad your son helped to hold it up. Wonderful!

Margaret said...

It's so great to see the whole of the Sampler Story -- beautiful so far! You're so close to being done too! Love your other WIPs as well. I shuddered when I saw your injury on Instagram. Ugh. Glad it's all healed now. Glad you had time with DS too!

Nicole said...

All of your wips are beautiful!!

Nicole said...

All of your wips are beautiful!!

Carol said...

Oh, your poor finger, Lois! It makes me weak-kneed to even think about it--I have this fear of anything blood-related! I hope it heals quickly...

It sure doesn't seem to have affected your stitching! What lovely pieces you have going and I'm amazed at the size of your sampler block WIP--had no idea it was that large!

Take care of yourself now and be careful in the kitchen :)

Katrina said...

Everything is so pretty!!!!! Hope your finger is healing nicely.

I say start Yuletide, it's gorgeous!!!!

Melissa said...

Lois, I love all the stitching! I didn't realize how big Sampler Story is until you got your son to hold it up!

So sorry about your finger. Yes, that food processor blade is super sharp. I also am wary of the rotary blade when I am cutting fabric. Glad you are on the mend!

Lesleyanne said...

All of your stitching is looking gorgeous. Glad you were able to put your son to good use lol. Great new stash.

Miss Lilly said...

Your stitching is so lovely. I love the colours in all the pictures you've shared :)

Myra said...

Ouch! Those mishaps can really set a stitcher back, can't they. I hope it is healing well now. "Old Faithful" is gorgeous Lois. I am like you...I see so many things I want to stitch but so little time.

Barb said...

Such beautiful stitching. I did get a copy of the book that had Lo How a Rose. Thank you so much for the suggestions. Take care of your finger, I'm so glad you can get back to stitching!

valerie said...

Great progress on your stitching! I just love Ghoul Tidings...really must track down the magazine. Lo and Sampler Story are looking good! Your poor finger! I get nervous washing knives and blades for fear of cutting myself.

Justine said...

What gorgeous stitching! So inspiring. Hope your finger mends soon and you are back at full capacity!

Annette-California said...

Sampler Story is Gorgeous! WOW! All your designs your stitching are beautiful. No fun when you hurt your stitching fingers. Hope it heals quickly but also its good to hear your able to stitch again.
love Annette

Mary said...

Wow, A Sampler Story is going to be HUGE!! It's looking fantastic. Glad to hear the injured finger didn't affect your stitching!

Grit said...

All your projects are so, so wonderful.
Grit from Germany

Giovanna said...

Beautiful stitching - Sampler Story is looking great and so close to completion :-)

Andrea said...

Ouch! Beautiful stitching. Your sampler piece is a fair size isn’t it.

Sally said...

Your Sampler Story is looking just beautiful! It is huge too!

Gorgeous progress on Lo How a Rose. Love those colours. Hope your finger is healing nicely now.

Love your start on the PSS piece from the Halloween issue.

Karoline said...

Sampler Story is looking stunning, lovely to see all of it.

Lo is looking lovely and you've made a great start on your new project.
Hope your finger is feeling better

Catherine said...

Ouch on the finger ~ I hope it has healed nicely for you! Your stitches are all beautiful ~ love the Rose project!

Dona said...

I love all of your projects! Such pretty stitch. The more I see of your wonderful Sampler Story, the more I want to stitch it! Hope your finger heals soon!

Maggee said...

Gosh, I had no idea the sampler was so big! What will it be when finished? I must have missed that information... You have made good progress on Lo How a Rose. I have mine out to work on this week--maybe it will stay out a while. Hugs!