Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Getting there.....

Hi everyone!  First up, a finish to report!!  I put the final stitches in BN’s Lo How a Rose a couple of weeks ago but then thought I’d wait until I’d a bit more progress on A Sampler Story.  Well, wouldn’t you know it, I dragged my heels on that one.  Talk about not being motivated (and what a time to start feeling like that when I’m so close to completing it!!!).  Back to Lo How a Rose for a moment though….

I stitched this on the suggested Antique White  but on 32ct Belfast linen but using a mix of the suggested overdyeds and DMC.

And here are a few close up pictures of the different parts….


Such a pretty piece to stitch. In the ideal world I’d have this framed and up on my walls for Christmas but as I haven’t managed to make it to the framer yet I think that boat has sailed but it will definitely be on the wall for next Christmas!

Now to Sampler Story.  Well, sure enough I hit a lull with this one and didn’t manage to finish this block…


until the end of the first week of November.  I have learnt my lesson though and haven’t put it to one side but plan on concentrating on it this next little while and not keep being distracted by all the lovely charts I’m itching to stitch.  Here’s where I’m too on the next square…..


and, here’s a final picture of it – look, only 3 more squares to stitch after this one!!  I’m determined not to fall by the wayside now it’s so close to the end of the year!


Finally, a picture of the Sunday Mystery Sampler from Plum Street Samplers that many of us our stitching these days……. 


Love how this one is turning out and with Sunday being the last part I can’t wait to see what we’ll be stitching! (Excuse the creases, didn't iron it before I took a pic!!!!)

As always thanks for the lovely comments you leave when you drop by.  I have been a bit of a hit and miss blogger for a big part of this year not just in posting but dropping by other blogs and leaving comments.  Seems like I have the greatest of intentions but then it doesn’t always happen!  Hope all is well with you and yours.


Until next time…..

24 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching!

I have that O How a Rose in my stash but haven't started it yet.

Sue said...

Love the O How a Rose. Wish it wasn't out of print.

Jane said...

O How A Rose was worth the wait Lois, just so pretty, I hope you can get it framed soon, such a beautiful piece needs to be on show!
It's so hard to concentrate on just one project I know especially at this time of year when all the lovely Christmas designs are there to tempt us but sounds like you are going to be focused now so good luck!
I've seen several bloggers stitching the Mystery Sampler and again it's so pretty with its colours and simplicity, look forward to seeing the completion.
Take care and have a good week xxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lo How a Rose is so pretty, I have admired it for a while now. It will be great to reach the end of Sampler Story - it's a lot of stitching but worth it.

Mary said...

Lo How A Rose is one of my favorites, Lois. You have done a beautiful job! Maybe it isn't too late for framing :)
The sampler is coming along but I understand how we can lose our mojo on certain pieces. You are heading into the home stretch.....
I am also stitching Mary's Sampler and enjoying it each week.

Our blogging intentions are good but time seems to have other plans!
Have a good week ahead.

Melissa said...

Lois, congrats on finishing Lo. It's beautiful! I am still amazed at the size of Sampler Story. I love how your SAL piece is looking.

I understand completely about the hit and miss blogger thing these days! Take care!

Carol said...

I'm sure you'll finish that lovely Sampler Story by year's end, Lois--I'm pulling for you!! Your Lo How a Rose is perfectly lovely--you did a wonderful job in choosing the colors... I have this one in my stash--really should sit down and stitch it myself.

Hope your countdown to Christmas is going well--can you believe it is only six weeks away?!

Beth said...

i've enjoyed watching Lo and Sampler story grow as you stitch...

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish on Lo How a Rose. Love your Mary's Sampler too. And the Sampler Story looks so great! Keep going!

Jackie said...

I'm glad A Sampler Story is getting your attention! It's far to pretty to languish! I've enjoyed watching you progress.

Barb said...

All of your stitching looks wonderful. I do love "Lo How a Rose". Thanks to you , I have the chart!

Tammy said...

Your stitching is so beautiful! I have "Lo" as well, but I haven't stitched it. My goodness it's lovely!

Monica said...

I'm starting that tonight. There is an error and the stitch count is wrong. I nearly cut the wrong size fabric. I just love this design!

Catherine said...

Beautiful finish!! Cheering you on for the finish of Sampler Story ~ you are so close!!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on this wonderful finish. It must give you a reat feeling of accomplishment even if it will not be hanging on the wall for this Christmas.
Great progress on your two WIPs.

Chris said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish! I love your progress on the blocks too.

Lesleyanne said...

Beautiful stitching.

Pam in IL said...

Your stitching is lovely!

Kathy Gill-Hopple said...

Lovely progress on your sampler.

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching. Love your finish. Great progress on your other pieces too.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Lo, it's gorgeous

Great progress on Sampler Story & Mary's Sampler, they are lovely

Sally said...

Lo How A Rose is so beautiful Lois. I'm really looking forward to stitching this. Thank you :)

Lovely progress on your Sampler Story and Mary's Sampler. Last part tomorrow!

Maggee said...

I'm doing the BN piece too, with a mix of DMC and overdyeds. I would have to look up what fabric it is... I love it, and wish it was the focus of my attention, but alas... it is not right now! You will finish the Sampler this year--I have faith! So close!! Hugs!

Anne said...

Congrats on your finish Lois!! I guess I'll have to stitch mine solo..lol! I just didn't have the time until now to do stitching. It really turned out beautifully and I can't wait to see what frame you pick out for it. PPS sampler is beautiful as well. I've admired it on lots of people's blogs!!