Sunday, December 22, 2013

Almost there......

Hi everyone!  A quick update before Christmas.  First of all, I received the loveliest package of goodies from my dear friend, Carol of Stitching Dreams.  Look what I found inside…..


I’ve loved this little PS design for ages, love it stitched on black but I tend to avoid stitching on black fabric so had never got round to stitching it.  Lo and behold, hasn’t Carol stitched it for me this year!! I’m so thrilled with it!  Also inside was this lovely fabric and ribbon

 and the perfect chart. One that I had never got round to adding to my stash and one that will definitely be stitched for Christmas 2014!!


Thank you, Carol, I loved everything!

Now on to ‘old faithful’!!!!!  The end is in sight for A Sampler Story and my ‘resolution’ to have it stitched in 2013.  I’m not quite finished yet, there is a little bit more to stitch on this last square….


but that shouldn’t take too long and then I want to add a little bit of personalization to some of the squares.


I reckon it’s safe to say that I’m on track to finish this by December 31st!  (let’s hope I’m not tempting fate now by saying that!!!!!).

Talk about last minute finishing!!!!  I stitched the BOAF Santas during this year with the intention of having them out on display this Christmas.  Well, of course, I finished the 4th one several months ago and then, you know how it is, I procrastinated on the finishing.  Yesterday, I finally finished them!!! I had been planning to finish them as little pillows and have them in a basket but after I’d stuffed them I had them sitting upright and took a second look at them and thought ‘I like them this way!’.  So, I’ve finished them as stand-ups!


And stitching of a slightly different nature!  My friend Margaret had bought herself and me a woolfelt Christmas kit last summer (and I’m talking 2012!!!!).  Well, neither of us had got round to making them but we decided that we needed to get our acts together and stitch them for this Christmas.  So, we’ve spent the last few Wednesday afternoons together and we’ve both got these to hang in our homes this Christmas!!! 


This was fun to do.  I can see myself making more woolfelt kits this year (in fact, we’ve another one lined up to start to work on in January!) as I love how quick they are to make. Excuse the darkness of the picture!!!  Our days are so dull and dark at the moment.  It’s lovely to think that we’re now past the shortest day and, although it will take a while to notice, the days will be starting to lengthen.

And that’s about it from me this time.  Thanks for all your lovely comments last time round.  Wishing you and yours a lovely Christmas.  We will have a full house at Christmas, DS#1 and DS#2 arrive home at different times today, then on Tuesday our daughter and her DH will be home.  For everyone to be together in the same house now is a rare occurrence and one to be enjoyed.


Until next time……

30 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a nice gift carol made. I do like the black and have it on my to do list. All of the decor looks so pretty.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I love the BOAF santas and lovely gift from Carol - hope yourself and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Margaret said...

So exciting that everyone will be home for Christmas! Enjoy it! Love the present from Carol! Love your stand up Santas too! And hooray on Sampler Story! You're so close! I will cheer you on to the finish!

Andrea said...

Carol does such special things with ornaments. This one is no exception. A beautiful gift. Love your other finishes too.
Have a very Happy Christmas.

Maggee said...

Your gift from Carol is gorgeous! I hope to try stitching on black next year... we shall see! Love the woolie felt kit piece! Lots! Have a very Merry Christmas with all the family there! Hugs!

Vickie said...

Such beautiful gifts! Hooray for a wonderful, family Christmas!

Carol said...

So glad you liked my little gifts, Lois--I so enjoyed stitching the PS Snowman for you :)

I'm loving the stand-up BOAF Santas--how cute! I have those charts, too, and had planned on stitching them this year, but never got around to it. Lovely progress on your Sampler Story--I'm so looking forward to that final finish photo.

I know you'll love having the whole gang there for Christmas--lots of love, laughter, and great food, I'm sure! Wishing you a wonderful day, my friend, and all the best in the new year :)

Myra said...

Carol always chooses the perfect gifts, doesn't she? Oh you are definitely on the home stretch with your Sampler Story and I have enjoyed seeing it develop this year. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous gift from Carol. Your stitching is lovely.

Katrina said...

Lois, what a fun post!!!! I especially love your sampler piece and those BOAF Santas are just too cute. Hope you have a very merry Christmas :-).

Melissa said...

Lois, such a lovely newsy post! I love what Carol has stitched for you - her stitching is just precious. I also love your BOAF Santas but wonder what you mean by finishing them up as stand-ups? Yay on nearly finished with A Sampler Story - what a stitching journey that must've been. And the felted ornament from Margaret is lovely!

Such a great start to the Christmas holidays! Enjoy your time with your family!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I've really enjoyed watching your progress this year on the sampler squares. I love the PS design on black.

Lanie said...

Love your BOAF Santas, Lois ... they are such cheerful gents!

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Bianca said...

What a lovely package from Carol! Also, great work on A Sampler Story, I can't wait to see the finished product. Have a Merry Christmas.

Mouse said...

ohhhh thats a gorgeous wee ornament and goodies too :)
love your Santa's too ....
and your wee banner ....
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Merry New Year too :)
love mouse xxxxx
ps did I perchance purchase a wee chart from you off ebay the other day ....??

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such a lovely gift from Carol! She's done it up righteous! I love it!
And I love your wool applique sweetie too! Merry Christmas!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Carol is just as special as your gift! Love the way you finished your Santas. Mine are stitched and awaiting their finish!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Beth said...

What a wonderful gift. Your Santas look super. And the end is in sight for your sampler!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful gift from Carol!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Brigitte said...

Enjoy your beautiful gift from Carol.
Nice progress on your Sampler Story. I'll start mine in the new year.
Have a great Christmas.

Chris said...

Great update Lois!
What a wonderful gift from Carol.
I love your Santas and the felt finish looks great too.
Merry Christmas!!

Mary said...

Lois, everything looks so wonderful! I especially love the decision to turn the Santas into stand ups. What fun they are!

Here's wishing you and your family the happiest of holidays.

Penny said...

What a wonderful package of goodies from Carol! Can't wait to see your Sampler Story finish. I love each block! And I love the way you finished your Santas,too! It's wonderful that you will have your whole family together for Christmas. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Giovanna said...

Love your Santas, and how exciting that Sampler Story is almost done. Merry Christmas!

Karoline said...

Great progress on Sampler Story, looking forward to seeing it done

Your Santa's are gorgeous

I hope you are having a lovely Christmas

Anne said...

Very sweet gift from Carol! I love that snowman!! Beautiful ornaments too. The Sampler is looking great and I feel a finish coming!! Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Tammy said...

Lovely photos and projects! Such a nice gift to receive too! Happy Holidays to you!

valerie said...

Gorgeous ornie and package from Carol! Love the snowman on black. You are sooo close to finishing your Sampler Story. It looks fantastic! Love your Santa standups and your Merry Christmas banner as well. Happy New Year Lois!

mainelystitching said...

Oh my goodness, I love those BOAF Santas finished as stand-ups! How cute!

And that's a lovely gift from Carol. :)

Catherine said...

Sweet gifts and goodies!!