Monday, January 13, 2014

Plans & schemes for 2014...

Hi everyone!  First of all, thank you for all the lovely comments that were left on my last post. I really appreciate how many of you took the time to write, it really did my heart good (as they say here!!).  Throughout the year, even though I wasn’t blogging all that regularly, so many of you stuck with me encouraging me to keep going.  There were a number of new folk who left comments so thank you for that also!  I still haven’t made it to the framer yet this month but hope to before too long.

I don’t know about you but, I find that there’s something lovely about starting a new year of stitching.  It’s like the slate is wiped clean and there’s a whole world of possibilities for what I might stitch in the coming year.  While I will talk about resolutions I probably prefer to say that I ‘hope’ or ‘would like’ to stitch this, that or the other.  I’m usually pretty good that if I set myself a target I will stay with it.  So, what are some of my plans for this year?

Well, first up is The Scarlet Letter’s Mary Gail.  I have loved this since watching Deb of Threadgatherer work on it last year.  A number of us are stitching this on Instagram and our start date was January 1st. I haven’t really got very far on her yet but I have made a start.


I’m looking on this one as my 2014 project, if I finish it before the end of the year, that would be great, but if not, the end of December will do just fine.  I’m stitching this on 36ct Lakeside Autumn Gold and I’m using the DMC conversion.

Next up is another SAL on Instagram.  You may remember that BrightNeedle’s Lo How a Rose was a SAL in the months leading up to Christmas.  We had so much fun with it that we’re continuing on with a seasonal theme.  Wednesday is the day we stitch and our choice was BBD’s Hannah Lovina Joslin from their Honeysuckle Manor booklet.   Here’s my progress so far……


I’m stitching this on 32ct fabric from my stash (it might be antique ivory) and a mix of the suggested overdyeds and DMC.

I’ve picked up a WIP that seemed to get pushed to one side in the last few months of 2013.  I’m back working on Sheepish Designs Simple Guidance…..


and, aside from the border,  really don’t have too much left to stitch.  Having uploaded this picture my eye has been drawn to how the poor sheep on the right in the grass looks like she has a broken leg!!! I think I might re-do that leg so that it doesn’t look as though part of it is hanging off!  Now that my eye has been drawn to it it always will be!!!!!

Other stitching plans for the year?  I would hope to continue with regular Christmas stitching.  I’d love to stitch some stockings in the mix of ornaments and pillows.  We’ll see what happens.

And that’s about it from me for this time!  Whatever your stitching plans for 2014 are enjoy what you decide on!!!!

Until next time……


23 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

OMGoodness, I love all your stitches both new and continuing! I need to play with instagram more. I do Facebook better than I do Instagram :)
Will be hankering to watch all your stitches grow over 2014!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I love all your pieces and am especially enjoying participating in the Hannah Lovina Joslin SAL!!!

Mary said...

Your new year is off to a fine start Lois. Mary Gail looks interesting but from your comments it must be a large piece - it's not one I am familiar with - and I find I have trouble stitching on the darker linen these days - just as well I have a closet full of Antique Ivory. Love the colours on BBD, and I did laugh at your poor lambs broken leg.
Mary

Rowyn said...

You have some gorgeous WIPs on the go.

I see what you mean about the sheep with the broken leg. lol

Good luck with your stitching plans. Mine are to keep up with the Frosty Forest series and put some stitches into some ongoing WIPs (such as my Moira Blackburn and Scarlet Letter samplers).

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely to hear your creative plans for the coming year, it's good to begin something new with that special feeling that comes from putting in the first stitches. I'm still admiring your Sampler Story - it's so eye catching.

Barb said...

You have some great plans. I have looked seriously at Hannah Lovina, just not sure yet.

Margaret said...

Your SAL pieces are looking so good! Love your Sheepish piece too!

valerie said...

Great plans for the new year Lois! I love your start on Mary Gail. It looks like a fun and colorful project. You'll have fun with your BBD and LDD projects too. Happy stitching!

Maggee said...

OOh, like that Sheepish design a lot! It may go on my ever-growing list of 'wants'! You have made a good balanced plan. I think I am doing the same... different pieces of course! Hugs!

Jackie said...

You've made a solid start on Mary Gail. I have no doubt you'll meet your goals for 2014. Isn't this a hopeful time of year? I love it!

Jenny said...

I love all of your stitching choices, Lois. I have loved BBD Hannah Lovina since I first saw her. It will be fun to watch your progress on all of them. At some point I know I want to stitch Hannah but Christmas Garden has my attention now so I will finish that one first and then we will see :) Enjoy your stitching!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching. Look forward to seeing your progress in 2014.

Giovanna said...

Nice plans, and great stitching, Look forward to following you in 2014.

Brigitte said...

You are so right, Lois. It's the whole world of possibilities which makes planning a new stitching year so wonderful.Playing with the stash is like magic. I love your new starts and the fact that you stitching these in SALs promises even more fun to you.

Mary said...

I'm so happy to see you hanging in with the blogging Lois! By the looks of this post, you've still got manyaccomplishments to share. I'll look forward to your progress on the SL piece.

Penny said...

I may not accomplish everything I hope to stitching wise, but it is fun to plan and think ahead to the new year. :) You've got some really pretty pieces started and I look forward to following your progress!

Carol said...

I love the clean slate of a new year, too, Lois--always so full of possibilities... Your newest starts are so pretty--especially love Hannah's colors! I know what you mean about the sheep's leg--I would have to re-stitch it, too :)

Hope you're having a lovely week--it's warmed up here, but we are due for colder temperatures this weekend :(

Andrea said...

All of your sampler look lovely. I shall enjoy your progress on them this coming year.

Karoline said...

Good luck with your 2014 goals!

Your new starts are looking gorgeous, I was very tempted to join you all stitching Hannah but I didn't feel up to more than one SAL this year.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Your new slate is looking very pretty! Will enjoy watching your progress throughout.

Sally said...

What wonderful new pieces Lois! Such pretty things that I am going to love watching grow.

I still haven't started Lo How a Rose yet and I'm kicking myself that I haven't! Hoping to have a slot in my rotation once I get the birthday present stitching done!

staci said...

Really lovely projects Lois! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Suzanne said...

You have some wonderful projects going there. I also love Mary Gail too, are you going to stitch the entire background?