Friday, February 7, 2014

Some hearts, some flowers & a little bit of Christmas....

Hi everyone!  Well, now that it’s February I’m going to start off with something that has been waiting a long time to actually be put together!!!  I stitched this February Word Play piece back in 2012 when Linda of Keeper of the Crowes very kindly passed the chart on to me after I’d admired it on her blog.  As you know, I can be something of a procrastinator when it comes to the finishing part.  Stitching?  No problem.  Finishing?  A completely different matter!  I’d great intentions of having it finished- finished for last February.  Obviously, that didn’t happen but, here I am, two years later having finally put it together last week…….


Such a sweet piece, makes me smile every time I look at.

Having come to terms with ‘that’ sheep in Simple Guidance I have everything stitched but the personalisation. In the original two full names are stitched but I’m not sure I’m going to finish it that way. I’ve a couple of ideas rolling around in my head so I’m putting this to one side for now while inspiration comes to me.


Up next is my progress on Hannah Lovina Joslin from BBD’s  Honeysuckle Manor.  This is our current SAL piece on Instagram on a Wednesday.


I’m loving this honeysuckle border and didn’t want to put this one down on Wednesday night!  One thing, it would appear this booklet is becoming increasingly hard to find.  We’d no idea when we decided on stitching this piece that there would be a problem finding it but a number of people were hoping to join the SAL and weren’t able to.  So, I guess what I’m saying is, if you have this booklet hang on to it, if you don’t, and would like it, look for it sooner rather than later!

Having managed to finish the Word Play pillow I kept going and put Sleigh Bells together.  Now, this one isn’t quite finished-finished yet, I want to add some trim round the edges but thought I’d share a picture this time round.


And I’ve stitched my first Christmas ornie for 2014!  This is Homespun Elegance’s Festive Redbird….


I stitched this one using some fabric from my stash and a mix of the suggested overdyes and DMC. I’m a bit undecided about the ‘4’ in the year.  It is as charted but every time I look at it it catches my eye and not in a good way.  So, that might change!

Another week almost over, it’s feeling like February is going to go as fast as January!  I’m hoping to pick up SL’s Mary Gail this weekend as I’ve been neglecting her a little bit and I really need to get back to her.  Whatever your plans are for the weekend – have fun!  I know many of you are still in the grip of severe ice and snow so stay warm!  For those of us in the UK where it seems to be doing nothing but rain, rain, rain. I hope you’re not affected by flooding and can stay dry!


Until next time……

32 comments:

Sally said...

Love both your finishes Lois. I'm a bit like that with finishing. I never seem to have just the right fabric or trims or the loca shop doesn't have what I wany. Drives me crazy! Plus I see finishes by others and how fantastic they look and feel a little inadequate lol!

Lovely progress on your WIP.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your Word Play is very cute :)
And I really adore the sweet box and its trim and the Homespun Elegance ornament is cute (I agree about the 4).
Miss Lovina, I wonder if I have it..I don't think I do :(
Wonderful work top to bottom!

Giovanna said...

Lovely finishes and WIPs, great stitching!

Margaret said...

So many lovely pieces! I love your finishes and your WIPs both. Hope you are staying dry too!

carol fun said...

Beautiful work! I love that honeysuckle border - it really makes that sampler. Hope the weather doesn't impact you too much. Happy stitching-

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying your February Word Play. Makes me smile every time I see it, too. I'm so excited to be part of the Wednesday SAL. It is such a gorgeous piece and like you, hate putting it down at the end of the night!!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finishes! I love the Word Play pieces so much but have yet to buy/stitch one. Every time I see one though, I think I better get on the stick. Great job on the finishing!

Love your WIPs, too. Hannah is a beautiful sampler. I'll enjoy watching you all stitch it.

Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

Lovely finishes and WIPs! You are keeping busy!

February's Word Play is so cute. Brenda has such great designs!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You've been very busy with so many lovely pieces of stitchwork. The Wordplay looks so good finished, it's a cute series of charts. The flooding has been dreadful in some areas, I really feel for the people in the Somerset levels and other areas hit by storms.

Anne said...

Beautiful finish Lois! I have the February Word Play too and have been meaning to start it but haven't. I'm like you and have trouble finishing items. Love the stitching part but the finishing part is much harder. Great progress on your other projects!! Hugs

Yekaterina Haussler said...

Beautiful work, amazing finish!

Bianca said...

Word Play came out great. The colors really pop on that linen. I also love the colors in Honeysuckle Manor. Great progress on all of our projects!

Cindy's Stitching said...

all so pretty. Word play looks great

krayolakris said...

All gorgeous finishes. Love all the bright reds!

Karen said...

Great job on your finishing... amazing how hard that can be sometime! Happy stitching....

Barb said...

You are getting lots of project done! They all look great! Word Play looks great. I am a finish procrastinator so I framed mine!

Jackie said...

Done is done and now it's completely forgotten that it languished a bit. Really love the border on HLJ. I'm trying to remember if I purchased Honeysuckle Manor - I think I did. Hmmmm....

I agree with you about the 4. To me it looks like a half of a cactus!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. Lovely progress on your wips.

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishes and great progress on your WIPs.

Mary said...

I'm right there with you when it comes to the finish finishing! You've done a mighty job with all your projects.Very nice!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful stitching! Love that February Word Play!

Carol said...

So many wonderful things to share with us today, Lois! Guess what I just finished stitching the other day? Yep--the February Word Play! I enjoyed this one much more than the other two I did last year for some reason. Now I need to get busy and finish/finish it before Valentine's Day on Friday! Yours looks wonderful as does your Sleigh Bells pillow... And I have that HE heart on my agenda for this year, too...

Your BBD piece is so pretty with those soft colors--I can see why you have a hard time putting it down!

More snow, snow, snow here, but it is better than all that flooding in the UK. The images on June's blog are horrifying... Enjoy your week, my friend!

Chris said...

Lovely update Lois! Lovely stitching and finishing on Wordplay. All your other projects are lovely too.

Denise said...

Lois,
You have been one busy stitcher!
I, too, have only just finished
my stitched 'February Wordplay'. I
don't like finishing at all, but,
like housework it must be done.
Here in Georgia, we are preparing for more snow tonight and for the
next few days, maybe even a little
ice included. We'll see...

valerie said...

Wonderful post Lois! I just love your February WordPlay finish. It's so sweet and I love the little couple. Great progress on your Hannah and Simple Guidance samplers. Sleigh bells and the ornie look wonderful as well. Just makes me itchy to stitch right now!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful projects you are working on and great finishes!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

All your pieces are so great. I think I started with April and went through December, so need to do Jan, Feb, and March. Your finish is so pretty. Love that Tulip piece too. Need to check to see if I have that one!

Karoline said...

Lovely finishing and Hannah is looking gorgeous

Sharon said...

Beautiful projects and stitching! I haven't made it to my border on my Hannah, but I am getting there.

Maggee said...

I procrastinate also when it comes to finishing. I have a bunch of projects in a drawer, languishing. And there are three Christmas pieces on my table right beside me. Luckily, (or not...)one is for my buddy and we have not been able to get together in a while. Hoping to get to it this three day weekend! All of your finishes are so lovely! When I saw your BBD SAL piece I had to check if I had that book... I sure didn't remember that project! I do, and I will get it in the rotation sometime... soon? Hugs!

Cristina said...

I love your pieces. Congrats.

staci said...

So many beautiful stitches and finishes Lois! I may have some stitched finishes that have been waiting for finishing for a few years now...I'm glad I'm not the only one that takes forever to get around to it!!!