Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday morning chat.....

Good morning everyone!  I remember at the start of this year thinking about trying to blog more regularly and keep up-to-date better on my blog reading.  Well, can’t say March was too successful a month for that!!! Here I am scraping in at the end of the month having last blogged three weeks ago!!!  April can only be better…right?!?!?!?

I don’t even feel I have much to show stitching-wise although there is nothing like checking back on your last blog post to realise that you’ve done a bit more than you thought!!!

First up, I need to share what has been occupying my time a little more than stitching – my quilt.  Oh yes, I have become well and truly hooked on working on this!  Here’s a picture of  before it was quilted to let you see the overall design…


And here it is quilted and with the binding halfway done as in, the binding is attached and I’m now in the middle of hand sewing it to the back….


This evening is our last class and those seven weeks have gone in so quickly!  I have loved this learning curve.  There was one week when I was quite discouraged (precision sewing on the machine is not my strength!) but with the encouragement (and help) of our class teacher and my friend Margaret I got back on track and haven’t looked back since.

Another quilt on the horizon?  Oh yes!  Hoping to take another class in the autumn and probably dabble here at home before then.

You may remember last time I was talking about how I’d grand plans of finishing the first quarter of SL’s Mary Gail by the end of March.  Well, I can’t say I’ve managed that but I do have a bit of progress to share….


Next up is BBD’s Hannah Lovina Joslin and straight off I have to apologise for such a terrible picture!!! Only when I got it ready to post did I realise how bad it was!!!  I have not done justice in any way to this beautiful sampler with my picture-taking!!! 


I’d say only a couple more Wednesdays and I’ll be reporting a finish.  Several people on this IG SAL have finished and the rest of us are all nearing completion.

Finally, having neglected the BBD LF’s since my last blog post I did pick it up at the weekend and have a very little bit of progress to share….


Yes, the poinsettia in the top right corner has been started!!! 

And that’s about all for this time.  Thank you for all the lovely comments last time round. I really do appreciate hearing from everyone.  It is such a boost and an encouragement to hear from others. I hope all is well with you and yours and that some Spring weather is starting to appear.   And now let me hit ‘publish’ and get back on track with my blogging!

Until next time……



21 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Oh my that quilt is stunning! And your Hannah Lovina, gorgeous! Brenda S, finished her's yesterday, I saw :)
I love love love your Loose Feathers Autumn piece too! You've been very busy with your needle and thread this month!

Vickie said...

Well good for you getting so much done! Your quilt is awesome.

Carol said...

I rarely manage more than two posts a month, myself, Lois...I always am amazed at people who blog two or three times a week!

Your quilt is absolutely perfect--I love it and it makes me want to take a quilting class of my own... So glad your experience was a good one and that you're now hooked (as long as you don't give up your cross stitching :) Hannah is looking especially lovely--can't wait to see your finish.

Hope spring has made an appearance over there. We are finally warming up here :) Have a great week, my friend!

Melissa said...

Lois, didn't I tell you you'll get the quilting bug? Your quilt is just gorgeous and you're almost done! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you will make next!

Your stitching WIP projects are all looking wonderful!

I am looking forward to April too!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Your quilt is so pretty!! And your other progress is lovely, too.

Bev said...

Hi the quilt is amazing, I'm a newbie to quilting and have enrolled on a 6 month medallion quilt... hope I get to finish it x

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful quilt! Sounds like you have been really busy.Be blessed,Jen

valerie said...

Lois, you're quilt is stunning! What a great achievement. Love the progress on your Hannah, Mary and Loose Feathers piece. I think you've been on a roll. It's hard to blog when there is so much going on. I just looked at my own and it's been over a month since I posted. I think it's time for me to post soon. lol

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The quilting brings the quilt to life, it looks just great. I love the colours you chose to work with too. Lovely stitching, as always.

Margaret said...

All your projects are so beautiful! Wow! The quilt is spectacular! I wouldn't call that a beginner quilt either. Fantastic that you did your own machine quilting too. Beautiful projects for stitching too!

Von said...

Lovely quilt, Lois! Some day I may give in and learn. :)

Barb said...

Your quilt is just beautiful and all that stitching is amazing. I love Hannah. I have the pattern and I think you have inspired me to stitch her.

Jackie said...

I've really enjoyed watching your quilt progress on Instagram. You've pieced and quilted it beautifully. I hope you get as much satisfaction/excitement from hand sewing the binding as I do.

Jackie said...

I've really enjoyed watching your quilt progress on Instagram. You've pieced and quilted it beautifully. I hope you get as much satisfaction/excitement from hand sewing the binding as I do.

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Your quilt is amazing, just love the colour combination. If you are worried about your sewing then I'm guessing that is just practice and you know what practice makes ... :)

Mary said...

Lovely, lovely lovely! So glad you're enjoying all the new projects.

Karoline said...

Your quilt is stunning and both BBD's are looking gorgeous

Debra Butler said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colors that you used. What is the name of the pattern?

Linda said...

Beautiful quilt!

Brigitte said...

I know what you mean. Stitching or quilting - that's always the question. I wished I could do both at the same time but for this I would need an additional pair of hands, lol.

Your quilt looks terrific, it has exactly the colours I love most in a quilt - red and white. Great choice of fabrics. And you were doing great on your stitching projects. Very nice progress.

Maggee said...

It IS hard to share our time between different hobbies. I used to be an avid Genealogist, before I came back to stitching--serious stitching. Now I have been seeing some applique that I want to try, some SMALL quilting projects... and WHEN will I do these? It's a dilemma! Your quilt looks fantastic, and you made some progress on your WIPs at least. It all counts as 'stitching'!!!