Hi everyone! Well, I think it’s fair to say I’ve been hit by the quilting bug so stitching has sort of taken a back seat lately. I am planning to stitch a little today as it’s the Wednesday SAL on IG working on BBD’s Agnes Platt’s Strawberry Sampler and I’ve been very neglectful of her the last two Wednesdays. I promised a picture last time and here she is….
Such delicious, summery colours. Once again I’m going with the threads that were already in my stash so it’s a mix of the suggested overdyeds and DMC alternatives. I also didn’t go with the suggested R&R Vintage Grey in 30ct but I’m using Zweigart’s Dove Grey in 32ct. Oh, and I went with DMC931 instead of the suggested GA Dungarees (DMC930).
Slowly but surely the BBD LF piece is getting closer to a finish…..
Now if I could just find my stitching mojo to actually concentrate on this one and finish it!!!
And now, on to my latest addiction!!!! I shared a sneak peek of the Christmas quilt I’d started last time. Here it is all finished!
The pattern I used for the brick layers you can find here at the blog Sew Me.. Thanks to Sarah for sharing such a great pattern! As you’ll see, I ended up doing my own version of it and, instead of doing more bricks round the outside, I went with an ordinary border. The bricks are from a Moda Layer Cake which, along with the border, red binding and backing fabric, are all from the same fabric line – Aspen Frost by Basic Grey.
Well, it didn’t even take me to finish that one before I’d started on another one!! I’d been going through my fabric stash and came across one of the Moda tins of 5” squares. This one is Faded Memories by 3 Sisters.
I’d bought this years ago with the intention to use the squares as backing fabrics for stitched smalls and had used a couple of them. Once again, I just did my own thing with the squares. Lined them up 7 x 6 and then added a first border using 4 of the squares I’d left over in the corners. I wanted to make it a bit bigger so added the green border but felt it needed broken up a little so did the cream strip in the middle of that. Here it is now…
It’s quilted and I’m now on the hunt for some binding fabric. Of course, it has been so many years since I bought the tin that the fabric line is long gone but I managed to find a green that would work for the outside border so next up is either a deep pink or maybe more towards a yellow for the binding. I’m a little undecided.
Meanwhile, I’ve unearthed two other tins and they’re sitting calling my name so could be I’ll still be on my quilting addiction next time around!!
And that’s what’s been going on around here lately. Hope all is well with you and yours and thanks for all the lovely comments last time round!
Until next time….