Monday, July 7, 2014

Some stitching (at long last!) and a RAK...

Hi everyone! Well, guess who has some stitching finishes to share this time round (albeit small ones!!!!).  There’s no doubt spending two weeks being a couch potato and watching tennis as much as I could did mean that I picked up a needle and thread.

I managed to stitch the second part of SB’s Fold for this year – the My Home scissor fob – we’ll not talk about the fact that part one is sitting here and I haven’t started it! 


and the back….


A cute, fun stitch which, of course, took me no time at all once I sat down and started it!  It’s the ribbon edging finish again – have to say I still find that somewhat fiddly!!!

And here’s my other finish…


This is the first part of the series, World of Small Club, from Nikyscreations that is running this year. 

I love the knitted woollen fabric under the sheep and when it’s attaching it with primitive cross stitches….even better!

Never mind my little bit of stitching!  Last week I had an unexpected package from Sally who many of you will know from her lovely blog Stitchyangel’s Treasures. I had passed on to her the BH&G book that the Bright Needle chart, Lo How a Rose, was in after I’d finished stitching it. 

Look what Sally stitched for me as a ‘thank you’ for sending the book to her….


Isn’t it lovely?!?!  Here’s a pic of the fabric inside which is perfect for it!


Thank you Sally, there was no need to send me anything but I appreciate your thoughtfulness and it was lovely receiving something so nice in the post other than the usual things!!!

And there you go – fingers crossed my stitching mojo is slowly returning!!!  Mind you, this evening I’m off to take another quilt class with this lovely lady, Judith, so be prepared that quilting could be to the fore again next time I blog!

Enjoy your Monday – I’m off to the dentist for a check-up and hoping he won’t find any work to be done!!!!


Until next time…. 

20 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great finishes, and what a cute box Sally sent you.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Sweet stitching. That little sheep is adorable! =) What a lovely gift Sally made you.

Margaret said...

Great finishes! I love that series from Niky, and the fob gives me hope -- I haven't gotten anything done with my Shepherd's Fold. lol! Lovely gift from Sally! Looking forward to seeing what you make in your quilt class!

Maggee said...

ANY stitching is better than none! Your two finishes are wonderful... hadn't seen any of the ones from Niki yet...Love that RAK--what a joy! Hugs!

Melissa said...

Lovely finishes, Lois, and what a great gift from Sally!

Have fun with your quilt class and I do see more quilts in your near future! ;-)

Hilda said...

Your finishes are so sweet, Lois "albeit smalls". Thank you for sharing - and thank you for giving me a new English word I never heard before. I really like it and will add it to my active vocabulary (albeit I do not know if I use it correctly LOL)
Hugs
Hilda

Denise said...

Beautiful work, Lois! Love them all.
I really like the wool under the sheep, too. I'll keep that one in mind for future finishes.
Hope it's nice and cool in Ireland!
Rather warm here in Georgia.
Denise

Carol said...

Oh, a stitching post :) I always love whatever you post, Lois, but, you know me--I'm partial to cross stitching :) Your little finishes are both so sweet. I'll bet that ribbon edge finishing is quite time-consuming--probably why I haven't tried that one yet.

Your gift was so special from Sally--what a nice surprise.

I hope the dentist went better than my visit last month. They found a small cavity in a front tooth and I need a crown on a back molar--I'm just dreading going in next week for that visit!

Enjoy your newest quilting class and I look forward to seeing what you've learned...

Jackie said...

I hope your trip to the dentist came out ok! Not my favorite place to go...

Lovely finishes! I always love your finishes. Sweet gift from Sally. I recently stitched that too.

valerie said...

Great finishes and RAK, Lois! They all look wonderful!

Barb said...

Hope the dentist appointment was good! You have some lovely little projects!

Monica said...

Very lovely finishes. Good job!

Beth said...

Lois - I especially love your little sheep. That is just as sweet as can be. What a kind and generous thank you stitch you received more Jo. Your generosity was well-rewarded.

LaNelle said...

Lovely stitches...wonderful gift you received what a perfect treasure!

Natasha said...

Great finishes Lois. I love that sweet little violet on the scissor fob. Adorable :)

Brigitte said...

Two lovely finishes that you ahow here. I love Niky's Creations very much and have found a couple of her designs in some issues of The Gift of Stitching. They are now on my stitching list.
Very nice little gift from Sally.

Penny said...

Sweet finishes, Lois! I especially love the little sheep finish. :) What a lovely gift from Sally. Hope the dentist visit wasn't too painful.

Karoline said...

Cute finishes and such a sweet gift from Sally

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Lois. That sheep is adorable!

So happy you like your little gift. I was so grateful to you for sending me the book. Lo will be finished very very soon!

Hope your dental appointment went well.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your finishes are just lovely.

So lucky to get a piece of Sally's work!