Sunday, December 21, 2014

And then there was Christmas.......

So much for me blowing off the cobwebs last time!  Here we are almost 2 months later, but…..I’m here, still full of the best intentions to keep blogging so let me share some Christmas stitching that has been going on. 

Has there been much stitching going on?  No, not really, and over the last while the little bit that I was doing I wasn’t able to share because I didn’t want to spoil any surprises.  Two of those gifts have now been received so it’s okay for me to post them here.

For the last few years I’ve stitched an ornament for my daughter and SIL’s tree.  This year I went with the cute freebie from Little House Needleworks, Seven Pines, which you can find here.


Given that you can’t see the backing fabric in the finished picture I thought I’d share an ‘after’ and ‘before’ one mainly because when I saw this fabric I loved it and it’s too nice not to let you have a glimpse of it!


Next up, another gift which has been received and is hanging on a tree so I’m not spoiling any surprises.  Another freebie design, this one from Shepherds Bush (found here).


It’s just as well I signed up for a Christmas ornament SAL on IG last month as it means I do have one new ornament on my tree this year. 


This is from the PS booklet Redwork Santas. 

And talking of PS Santas.  Look at the lovely package of goodies I have received from Carol over at Stitching Dreams. 


I do love PS Santas and love that I’ve another one to add to my collection.
As ever, Carol’s stitching and finishing is perfect.  I love how she stitches on the higher count fabrics, something that totally defeats me! 


Aside from the ornament you can see the other lovely goodies as well, ribbons, snowflake charms and the sweetest autumn chart from With thy Needle & Thread.  Carol, thank you my friend.  These past few months have been so difficult for you and I appreciate you finding the time to make an ornament and send a gift this Christmas.

Earlier in the year (before my stitching mojo decided to go walkabout) I had stitched this Lizzie Kate piece, A Little Christmas Sampler, and riffling through my stitching stash I came across this frame and decided to take the easy option of framing it rather than making it into a little pillow (likely wouldn’t have seen the light of day this Christmas if I’d been aiming to do that!!).


Next up, a finish from a number of years ago,  I probably shared this on the blog back then but, it has been one of my finished pieces that just ended up sitting in the pile of my other finished, but haven’t done anything with, stitching.  I think I had even bought this frame back then thinking it would work for this piece……I get there in the end!!!!!!


This is an older Carriage House Samplings chart, Companion  Quaker Tree Christmas Sampler.

Even though I seem to be on something of a stitching hiatus I do have some ideas and plans running round my head.  Given how much I enjoy setting smaller monthly goals I am hoping to start that up again next year so, watch this space!!!  Maybe, just maybe, 2015 will see my stitching mojo return!

I don’t know about everyone else but I feel as though December has flown in.  Tomorrow DS#1 arrives home, Tuesday will bring DS#2 and then it will be the countdown to Christmas.  After Christmas we have the joy of our daughter, SIL and 4 month old grandson home to see in the New Year with us.  It will be a full house but I can't wait for us all to spend some time together!

Whatever your plans this Christmas and New Year, I wish you happiness and health.  Thank you for sticking with me this year, on my increasingly infrequent blog posts.  Here’s to 2015 being the year when I get back on track!!!

Until next time…



23 comments:

Vickie said...

What a pretty Christmas post! Oh you will have such a wonderful holiday with family. :) A very Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

llknbillburg said...

Wonderful finishes all! Hope you mojo returns to match you stitching plans. Merry Christmas! Laura

Krista said...

So many wonderful holiday stitchings! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xx

Yekaterina Haussler said...

Beautiful projects! Merry Christmas, and hope to see more of these next year!

Jackie said...

You're ending your year with a nice post full of wonderful stitching. I started the year off very sluggishly and glad to feel some of my mojo returning.

I probably need to set some type of a goal or join a SAL for a monthly ornament as well. It may be very motivating!

Barb said...

Lots of beautiful holiday stitching! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful ornaments you received and stitched. Merry Christmas, love Annette

Margaret said...

Love seeing all your beautiful ornaments and framed pieces. Hooray for having your family come home for the holidays! Isn't that the best? Happy Christmas!

Mary said...

Here's wishing yo and your family the very happiest of Christmases! I'm sure if you stay in touch with all your stitching and blogging friends, the mojo will come back.

Melissa said...

So lovely to see your post, Lois, and all the wonderful stitching!

It sounds like a full house full of love and laughter is still for this week! Have a wonderful Christmas, Lois!

Carol said...

It is so nice to see a post from you, Lois--I always get a smile when I see a new one from you in my reader :) I'm so glad you enjoyed my little gifts--I loved stitching the PS Santa for you and only hope it's not one you have done yourself...

Your newest finishes and ornaments are all so adorable. I'm glad your stitching mojo has not completely taken a vacation.

Wishing you a merry, merry Christmas, my friend--I know it will be fun with your sweet grandson there to ring in the New Year :)

Mary said...

So lovely to see a post from you Lois. Both my stitching and posting are almost non existent - it just seems so hard to find time for them just now but hopefully I will get back to both soon. Love the ornaments you have made this year. Have the merriest Christmas with your family gathered around.
Mary

valerie said...

Wonderful finishes Lois! Love the ornies and that backing fabric for your DDs ornie is perfect! The ornie from Carol is so sweet....the Santa looks darling on such fine count. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas!

Maggee said...

I do like the backing fabric for the LH piece--too cute! All of your finishes are great! The piece from Carol is wonderful! Looks great on your tree already! I think I have the LK piece in my stash... and I KNOW I have the Carriage House one! what count fabric did you use for it! The frame is so perfect for it!! Did you use the charted colors on it? I love Quakers and don't have any excuse why I did not stitch this one! I did two others and rotate displaying them each year! Did two different colorways... Look forward to seeing more stitching blog posts next year! Merry Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching and gifts!
Glad I found your blog through Wendy Kirby.
Happy Christmas
Christine

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes and gifts.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Joy said...

A lot of lovely stitching here. Let's get our blogging and stitching mojo back with each other! I like Facebook and instagram, but just not the same. Glad I caught up with you and hope you have a Merry Christmas and the best of New Year's!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous ornaments and great framing of the LK & CHS

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that you have a great 2015

Ruth said...

Lovely ornies and other holiday stitches -- they are all so pretty. You are right, that backing fabric for the LHN freebie is perfect. :)

Have yourself a wonderful New Year!

Denise said...

So glad to see you back! Looks like you did get a few things stitched after
all. We hope we will see more of you
for the new year!

Brigitte said...

These ornaments are all so lovely. And what a treat to get a PS Santa from Carol. I love PS Santas best and stitched a couple of them last year. And for this year I plan to do the same.

Let's hope that your stitching mojo will be back this year.

Hazel said...

I can't believe I have never stumbled across your blog. Love it! Love all your designs you have stitched up and wish you a very happy new year and 2015. x

Sally said...

All of your finishes are gorgeous Lois. So many pretties :)