Monday, March 9, 2015

Slow and steady....

I think is the best way to describe my stitching these days. I may not be managing a lot of stitching time but it’s happening most days, no matter the length and….it feels good!  I am feeling much more enthusiastic about stitching pieces and there were quite a few new releases at Market that sparked my interest although, I’m going to be good and not order anything just yet.

Well, a decision has finally been made as to the large project I want to work on this year.  I have to say, this one wasn’t in my plans at all, I had something else in mind, but my dear stitching friend Vicky – no blog but you’ll find her on IG under @vickyfa and if you’re on IG but aren’t familiar with her go check out all her lovely WIP’s – took me up on something I said and next thing I knew I was ordering a chart and the decision was made!

Along with Vicky, I’m going to be stitching The Red House Sampler from Brenda Keyes’ The Sampler Company.  You may remember that back in 2013 my project for that year was A Sampler Story where I stitched two blocks a year and managed to complete it.  Not much progress to share but, it’s a start!


Stitching this one on 32ct Belfast linen in cream, using the suggested DMC threads

I’ve been working on BBD’s Spring Tulips and would hope to be sharing a finish next time round….


Using suggested threads but changed linen to 32ct Antique White.

Then, I’m still managing my Christmas stitching on a Sunday and finally was in the mood to start adding the backstitching to these …..changes them totally, doesn’t it?!  These are from the PS Christmas Favorites booklet and the ‘plan’ is to have all 9 stitched this year.  So far, so good!


Using suggested DMC threads and linen (32ct Lambswool).

So there we have it, what I’ve been up to stitching-wise.  Later this week I’m off to England for a few days to spend time with my daughter, SIL and, most importantly of all (!!), our 6 month old grandson.  I feel like I’ve just blinked and he’s this age, before we know it we’ll be celebrating his 1st birthday!!! 

Hope all is well with you and yours. I know many of you are still in grip of severe winter weather so hope you get some respite from it soon.  Here, Spring is showing signs of arriving although this morning the rain is pouring down and it’s blowing a gale!


Until next time…..

15 comments:

Vickie said...

What a beautiful new sampler!

Margaret said...

Love your Brenda Keyes piece! Love the BBD and the xmas ornies too! Have great time visiting -- enjoy that grandson of yours!

Rita said...

I love Red House Sampler! So much so that I ordered it Feb. 23 from Down Sunshine Lane. Unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet...seems to be stuck in the USPS system.

I'm hoping it will arrive soon bc I want to stitch it!

I'm currently stitching one by the Sampler Company called "Hetty Child Sampler".

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Brenda Keyes designs are always that little bit different. I loved your choice last year so I'm looking forward to seeing this one grow.

Melissa said...

Lois, it's good to see all your stitching! That is a great sampler you've chosen (all those REDS!) for this year to stitch along with Vickie!

Have fun with your upcoming trip! I'm sure it will be great, and probably too short!

Jackie said...

You've selected a beautiful sampler to focus on this year. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

Enjoy your trip and that grandbaby!

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, a Brenda Keyes sampler, that's fantastic. That reminds me of the fact that I have many of her charts in my stash and that I have to pull them out and play a little bit.
Greta PS stitching as well, and yes, adding all the blachwork is adding a lot of charm to these ornamnets.

Katrina said...

So pretty!!!!!!!! I love her samplers. Kind Fond Love is on my short list :-).

Hilda said...

Dear Lois,
your "slow and steady"-method seems to work perfectly. Such an amazing new project and so pretty (almost) finishes.
Your totally right - the BS give that little beauties the last wonderful touch.

Enjoy your stitching projects!

Hugs
Hilda

Anne said...

Wonderful stitching progress Lois! I've spied that sampler on IG!! It's such a beauty and so great to do a SAL with someone too...makes it get done! I've also spied a few market releases I like but have held off when I have so much else to do!!

Barbi said...

Oh your Sampler piece is going to be beautiful! And yes Nashville came out with some incredible pieces that I am itching to get to as well. I have those PS ornaments in my stash as well, that I intend to stitch for my tree this year, but we'll see how it goes.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Thats a really beautiful sampler and I love your PS christmas pieces! blessings, marlene

Carol said...

I'm so glad you're back into stitching mode again, Lois! I, too, try to sit down every day and put some little x's in--even if it is just for 15 minutes :)

Your new Brenda Keyes start is wonderful--I have a couple of her charts and don't know why I haven't started one yet... And, of course, I love your PS finishes!! You'll have a lovely new group of ornaments for your tree in December.

He's 6 months old already?!? Oh, my--how time does fly! Please give him a little cuddle for me and have a wonderful visit :)

Denise said...

Hi Lois! I seem to be late catching up on the blogs. Great to see you back to stitching - you always choose such lovely designs to work on. As for your large project - that will be a good one! Another great sampler for you to hang on your wall.
Have fun with Daniel!

Lisa said...

Hi Lois, love your new start on the red house sampler, I'm just kitting this one up, just love the red house. Love the spring tulips wip too, very pretty