Hi everyone! I know, it’s been a while……so long in fact that I’m feeling quite rusty when it comes to actually getting a post with pictures uploaded! But, I am still here and, after what was to me quite the stitching hiatus, I am slowly picking up the needle and thread on a more regular basis.
And look what I have to share?!?!?! A long-term WIP is finished!!!! I’m sure most people have forgotten that I even started this one!!!!
Here is BBD’s Loose Feathers from 2011……
Stitched on 32ct Belfast linen - Antique Ivory - and the suggested overdyed threads.
Started in 2011 and I was going well with it until I became totally bogged down in the second part, Autumn. I fell out of love big time with this one, that large bird just gradually took away any enjoyment that I had in stitching this and it was rolled up and pushed to the back of a drawer.
I’ve looked back to see when this WIP was last mentioned on the blog. Seems like it was early 2014 when I pulled it out again and thought the answer was to start on the final section as I did like that part. Again, I lost interest and, again, it ended up at the back of a drawer. Roll round to a couple of weeks ago and, for whatever reason, I pulled it out and had the inclination to work on it again. Two weeks of Wimbledon tennis watching and a realisation that if I put my mind to it I could finally have this in the finished pile. With perfect timing the last few stitches went in last night! Four years to stitch it but I got there in the end!!!
There have been a couple of other small finishes in the last few months. I have tailed off with these at the moment but since I last blogged I have completed a few more from the Prairie Schooler booklet Christmas Favorites.
This poor Santa is still waiting for the backstitching to be done (I can see that last post several months ago he was in the same position!).
I haven’t worked on these for a while, I need to get back to them.
I also managed to stitch and finish the latest part of the Shepherd’s Bush Fold – the sweet needle roll, Fear Not.
I will admit to being a little daunted by the ric rac row but found that once started it was easier than I had imagined it to be – I’ll be honest, I reached that part and put this to one side for a while until I decided that a piece of ric rac wasn’t going to defeat me!!! For me, I found it easier to hold the ric rac in place rather than tack it as that way I felt I could make sure it lined up correctly.
So that’s what I’ve been up too. I hope all is well with everyone. I can’t promise that I will be back to regular blogging but I don’t plan on giving up on blogging yet. I just need to really have the stitching mojo in full flow again so that I have lots to share!
Until next time….