Monday, July 13, 2015

It only took 4 years........

Hi everyone!  I know, it’s been a while……so long in fact that I’m feeling quite rusty when it comes to actually getting a post with pictures uploaded!  But, I am still here and, after what was to me quite the stitching hiatus, I am slowly picking up the needle and thread on a more regular basis. 

And look what I have to share?!?!?!  A long-term WIP is finished!!!!  I’m sure most people have forgotten that I even started this one!!!!


Here is BBD’s Loose Feathers from 2011……
 
Stitched on 32ct Belfast linen - Antique Ivory - and the suggested overdyed threads.

Started in 2011 and I was going well with it until I became totally bogged down in the second part, Autumn.  I fell out of love big time with this one, that large bird just gradually took away any enjoyment that I had in stitching this and it was rolled up and pushed to the back of a drawer.


I’ve looked back to see when this WIP was last mentioned on the blog.  Seems like it was early 2014 when I pulled it out again and thought the answer was to start on the final section as I did like that part.  Again, I lost interest and, again, it ended up at the back of a drawer.  Roll round to a couple of weeks ago and, for whatever reason, I pulled it out and had the inclination to work on it again.   Two weeks of Wimbledon tennis watching and a realisation that if I put my mind to it I could finally have this in the finished pile.  With perfect timing the last few stitches went in last night!  Four years to stitch it but I got there in the end!!!

There have been a couple of other small finishes in the last few months.  I have tailed off with these at the moment but since I last blogged I have completed a few more from the Prairie Schooler booklet Christmas Favorites. 


This poor Santa is still waiting for the backstitching to be done (I can see that last post several months ago he was in the same position!).


I haven’t worked on these for a while, I need to get back to them.

I also managed to stitch and finish the latest part of the Shepherd’s Bush Fold – the sweet needle roll, Fear Not.


I will admit to being a little daunted by the ric rac row but found that once started it was easier than I had imagined it to be – I’ll be honest, I reached that part and put this to one side for a while until I decided that a piece of ric rac wasn’t going to defeat me!!!  For me, I found it easier to hold the ric rac in place rather than tack it as that way I felt I could make sure it lined up correctly.

So that’s what I’ve been up too.  I hope all is well with everyone. I can’t promise that I will be back to regular blogging but I don’t plan on giving up on blogging yet.  I just need to really have the stitching mojo in full flow again so that I have lots to share!

Until next time….


24 comments:

Annie said...

Lovely stitching! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Ali said...

Well done on getting Loose Feathers finished you've done a great job and it must give you a lot of satisfaction knowing it's done and not languishing in the back of the drawer.x

Nataly K said...

Wonderful finishes! Your needle has been busy. The best part of a finish is starting something new!!

Nataly K said...

Wonderful finishes! Your needle has been busy. The best part of a finish is starting something new!!

Hilda said...

Hi Lois,
so happy to read from you again.
Congratulation to this wonderful finish. I remembered your WIP very clearly, because I started mine at about the same time, like you did. And I am still not ready on it, yet. But when I see yours, I feel the upcoming motivation for it again ;-)
Your other little finishes are so sweet too! You have been very busy indeed!

Have a wonderful new week!

Hugs
Hilda

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats it looks fantastic!!!

Melissa said...

Nice to see your post, Lois! Congrats on the beautiful BBD finish! It is such a pretty piece. I have lost my stitching mojo at the moment but expect it will return in the fall...? I hope you are getting to visit your grandson more over the summer!

Yekaterina Haussler said...

Congratulations on the beautiful - and long - finish, Lois! I do hope your stitching bug stays for a while and that you come back to share.
Thank you!

Vickie said...

Yay! How very nice to read a post from you again Lois. Have fun stitching!

Mary said...

So nice to see you back at it again Lois! Sometimes those slow to arrive finishes are the best of all when they final do come along. Love all your Santas!

I'm sure Daniel is quite the young man by now....

Margaret said...

Hooray on finishing your beautiful BBD piece! Love all the Prairie Schooler pieces as well, and the needleroll looks lovely! You're on a roll for sure!

Jackie said...

i'm glad to see you got this one completed. I hope you've fallen back in love with it!

Justine said...

Isn't it a great feeling to complete an old WIP? Yours is so beautiful. I love the Shepherds Fold designs, I have seen a few stitchers working on them.

Brigitte said...

Welcome back, Lois, it's always so nice to see an update from you. And so good to know that you haven't given up on blogging.

Hurray for the BBD finish! It's a wonderful feeling when you have finally finished a piece that had been abandonned for quite a while. ZThat has happened to me as well - and I still have a UFO where the mojo doesn't seem to come back. At all. Nice little PS finishes as well. And that SB needleroll is so lovely, too. I have always loved their needlerolls and still have some older ones in my stash.

I hope that your stitching mojo will stay with you :)

Giovanna said...

Wonderful finishes, well done.

Ranae Ehmen said...

Fabulous BBD finish, you got farther then me,lol, mine is still kitted with no stitches, lol
Thank goodness for tennis, lol
Keep on stitchin'

Maggee said...

Congrats on the beautiful BBD piece that you finished! It is gorgeous! and a few smalls is terrific! Way to go!

Carol said...

I always love seeing a post from you, Lois--and what a stitching trove you have for us today! You have been busy--just love all the PS pieces and the needleroll turned out beautifully. So glad you brought out and finished that older BBD piece--congratulations on your finish :)

Hope your summer is going well and you're getting to see a lot of a certain young man :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Such beautiful pieces! blessings, marlene

Sally said...

Lovely to see a post from you Lois. Your finish is absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the wait!

Your PS ornaments are so sweet.

needlenurse said...

I happened upon your blog by chance and I have to tell you I've enjoyed reading and seeing all your posts. I love what you have done with the LHN Simplicity piece......very creative! I have that chart so tomorrow I'll be going through my stash to find it. I'm going to "steal" your design idea! We have a Daniel in our family also. I've bookmarked your blog. I'm looking forward to future posts.

Paula

Kathy GH said...

Love them all! How do you plan to use the Prairie Schoolers? I am such a fan of their designs, but would like to figure out a way to finish besides little pillows! Good for you for persisting through!!!

Denise said...

Hi Lois! So glad to see you back! You have done some lovely Christmas ornaments. This means you are way ahead or somewhat behind! I am glad you
have been bitten by the ole stitching bug once again.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your BBD finish is utterly beautiful! I adore it :)
And your sheeps fold roll, gorgeous
and all of your sweet PS finishes...
are you sure you've been on a hiatus?!
Glad you are back! Come again soon!