Thursday, September 10, 2015

Some finishing & getting to some Christmas stitching...

Hi everyone!  The finishing mojo struck with the needle roll-up I shared last time round so thought I’d let you see how that turned out!  I added fabric for the centre rather than linen which had been on the front cover picture.


The fabric had been a gift, as had the little acorn charm which I’d been keeping safe to use someday. 


As you know, I’m not a confident finisher but I was pleased with how this turned out.


I’m trying to get back to Christmas stitching on a Sunday.  Let’s face it, it is September and December will be here before we know it!  Here’s the recent Merry, Merry from Country Cottage Needleworks.  I loved this one as soon as I saw it and had to add it to my stash.  Well, you can tell how much I loved it as I pretty much started stitching it as soon as I received it!


Using a 32ct from my fabric stash and the suggested threads
The fabric in the background (which is a closer red than appears in this picture) is going to be used for the backing – now let’s see if the finishing mojo strikes again for me to finish finish it in time for this Christmas!!

I’m still not done with autumn stitching, hoping to start another design soon once I’ve done a bit of stash diving.

Hope all is well with you and yours.  Thanks for dropping by my blog and for those of you who take time to leave a comment – thank you!


Until next time… 

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Lovely work Lois. I have not stitched a thing for autumn. Don't know that I will. I need to think about what has to be done for Christmas. You are right. Every year it sneaks up on us, doesn't it?

Ranae said...

Your needle roll came out perfect, it's beautiful
Sneaky holidays! Lol

Katrina said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Lois :) Merry, Merry is kitted and ready to go in my stitching basket too, hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Carol said...

Good morning, Lois--I really love how you finished off your needle roll! It is perfect with the fall colored fabric and tiny acorn--great job :) I know you'll have fun finishing up that cute Merry, Merry ornament, too. I can't believe we will have Christmas here in just 3 short months--I need to get busy :)

Have a lovely fall weekend, my friend...

Denise said...

The needle roll up is great! I do like that little acorn!
I think 'Merry, Merry' is really
cute - love the colors in it. I
can see why you were anxious to
stitch it.
We'll all be looking forward to
your next projects....

Margaret said...

Nice finishing! Love the Christmas stitch too!

Jackie said...

Your needle roll up is beautifully finished! Love the acorn charm - it's perfectly sized!

Brigitte said...

Your needle roll-up finish looks great, Lois. And the next finsihing act is just around the corner with the CCN ornament that you stitched.

Maggee said...

LOVE the finished needle rollup! It is really adorable! As is Merry Merry--look forward to seeing how it will be finished also! Hugs!

Sally said...

Beautiful stitching Lois. Your needleroll is gorgeous.

Merry Merry is next up for me on the ornament stitching. Yours looks lovely.

Denise said...

Hi Lois!
Love the needleroll - the stitching and fabric is very
pretty. I love fall stitching!
'Merry, Merry' has such pretty colors. Looks like it
would be a quick stitch if you needed a gift in a hurry.
Hope you are doing well.
Denise