Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's almost Christmas (aka where did 2015 go too?!)

I know, it’s been a while.  I’m really starting to feel like 2015 passed in a blur.  Some of my silence has been that I haven’t had much stitching to share but, given that what I have stitched has been mostly Christmas themed lately, I wanted to try and update before Christmas has been and gone.  Family start arriving home tonight, more  tomorrow and after that it will be Christmas Day!

The only definite stitching plan I had this year was to stitch each of the ornaments from The Prairie Schooler chart, Christmas Favorites.  I mostly worked on these on Sundays throughout the year and I’m happy to report that I did stitch them all!
Stitched on 32ct Zweigart Natural linen using suggested colours.
They are out on display this Christmas, on this small tree, but next year I hope to have different plans for them.
One new ornament for our tree this year, Homespun Elegance's Rejoice.  I stitched this quite a bit earlier in the year and, in my usual procrastinating way, I only got round to finishing it when the tree was about to go up!
Stitched on a mystery 32ct from my fabric stash using the suggested colour.
My most recent WIP was Merry One from Plum Street Samplers.  I still have the word ‘merry’ to stitch but, other than that, it’s a finish. 
I stitched this one on 32ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Buttercream. My only change from the suggested colours was the red for the santa.  For that I used a CC Belle Soie silk, Red Fox.  I wanted something a little more red but still with some of the original colour.  Merry Two arrived a couple of days ago so that’s on my to do  list for 2016 – ideally I’d like to keep up with these as they’re released and have them all stitched for next Christmas (let’s see if I manage that!!).

I’ve several plans in mind for stitching goals in 2016.  I’ve a number of charts that I definitely want to try and stitch next year and I’ve realised I do far better if I set myself ‘targets’.  This year I didn’t really do that and I feel like it showed in what I did/didn’t get stitched.

Whatever your plans for Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time.  This house is going to be full to the brim for the next few days.  With grown up children living in different parts of the UK it is rare for us all to be in the same place at the same time and this year there is also a 16 month old to keep us on our toes!! 

Until next time……

15 comments:

valerie said...

Your ornaments are lovely, Lois! And your Merry (almost) finish is so cute! I've had a lackluster stitching year as well but I'm hoping to change that in the new year. Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Melissa said...

Oh beautiful ornaments! I am admiring them all! Have a wonderful Christmas, Lois!

Mary said...

Lois, stitching -not to even mention finishing - all of those little PS sweeties in a single year is no small feat! Congratulations on seeing them all the way through.

No doubt your house will be bustling very soon. Have a joyful reunion and a very happy Christmas!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lois they are so pretty. how nice the whole family gets to be together. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

It's so nice to catch up with you and see your lovely Christmas stitching, Melissa. I just love all of your PS ornament finishes and Merry One is so sweet. I purchased it, too, and didn't care for the suggested thread for Santa so I may change it like you have done.

It sounds like you will have a delightful Christmas Day with the whole gang there--can hardly believe little Daniel is now 16 months. What a wonderful morning you will have as he spies his gifts under the tree!

Merry Christmas, my dear friend, and all the best to you in 2016!

Barb said...

All of your ornaments are just beautiful! Have a very Merry Christmas with your family!

Vickie said...

Excellent Christmas projects! I really love Merry One.
Have a super, Merry Christmas!

Penny said...

You've done some lovely Christmas stitching! And how wonderful that you will have your family all together for the holidays. I think that is one of the very best things about Christmas. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, Lois.

ORANGE s said...

A very Merry Christmas and a happy and creative 2016! Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Jackie said...

Wonderful stitching! Was happy to see a post from you. I agree with you that having some kind of plan helps. Let's see if I'm better in 2016 than I was in 2015.

Margaret said...

I love all your ornaments! Beautiful work! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Brigitte said...

It's great to see a new post from you, Lois. And you stitched and finished ! all these wonderful Prairie Schooler ornaments. They look good on the little tree.
I hope you were having a lot of fun the last two days with all the family members who were/still are visiting. I'm looking forward to seeing all your new stitching in 2016.

Maggee said...

Stitching all those ornaments was your goal, and you met it--congrats! They are lovely! I make plans/goals/targets every year, and life just interrupts them, so I scramble at the end to get things done too! You are not alone! Hope your Christmas Day was wonderful! Hugs!

Sally said...

Love your ornaments Lois. They look so lovely.

Merry One looks great. I treated myself to Merry Two in between Christmas and the New Year when I found somewhere that still had it in stock. I, too, want to stitch it this year.

Karoline said...

Your ornaments are all lovely and Merry One is looking great