Sunday, January 31, 2016

Three starts, a finish and a thank you!

Hi everyone!  Well, there’s been a little bit of stitching going on so here I am sneaking in with a blog post before the end of the month!  I know, I’m cutting it fine given that this is the 31st!

First up, I’ve a finish to report, it’s only a small finish but a finish is a finish, right? This is the first in the current Blackbird Designs Garden Club series – Basket of Cherries. 


I did change the colour of the cherries, after stitching the first couple I wasn’t so keen on the strong contrast in colour and decided to stitch them all in GAST Hollyberry.


I’m not sure how I’m going to finish these but if I do make this one into a pillow I think I’m going to use this BBD Rhubarb and Ginger fabric for the backing.

Having finished the first one, I had the second one waiting in my to-do pile so I’ve made a start on Apple Orchard.


I’m using all the suggested threads and the fabric is the same as for Basket of Cherries – a mystery one out of my stash.

Next up is Drawn Thread’s Christmas Thoughts Sampler.  I’m working on this one on Sundays and going with the suggested threads and linen (32ct Belfast linen in Summer Khaki).


I know Christmas is becoming a distant memory but I want to share, and publicly thank (I’ve already thanked her by email), dear Carol over at Stitching Dreams for the lovely package of goodies that arrived, with perfect timing, on Christmas Eve!  Inside was the loveliest Prairie Schooler ornament, beautifully stitched and finished…….


as well as these other lovely goodies…..


I do need to say there was also some chocolate but that didn’t last long in this chocolate loving house!

Carol, thank you again, you know how much I love this ornament and everything else you included.

And that’s a round-up of my stitching this month!  Here’s to February being a month with more stitching finishes to share!


Until next time…….

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
The ornament is beautiful.
Marilyn

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Good to see what you've been working on and also your lovely gifts.
I agree that Christmas is a very distant memory as we fast approach February.
Mind you I'll be glad to see the back of these endless storms.

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching!

Vickie said...

A pretty finish. The projects you are working on are splendid. I really like the ornament Carol made you.

Sherry said...

Wonderful starts! I look forward to watching your progress on them all.

Melissa said...

Hello Lois! I love that BBD Garden Series. Yours are looking wonderful. (If you ever want to sell/trade when you are done with them let me know.)

Of course I love the gift from Carol too.

How's that grandson of yours? Must be playing football by now! My MIL used to say that about my husband - that he could run after a soccer ball before he could walk. ;-)

Maggee said...

Loving those BBD pieces... and I look forward to seeing how you finish them! Carol is an outstanding stitcher and finisher... your ornament is gorgeous! Hugs!

Blu said...

Lovely stitching!

Justine said...

What beautiful projects you are working on! I love the bowl of cherries, it's such a cheerful design for winter.
Lovely ornament and gifts from Carol too.

Brigitte said...

These BBD Garden Club designs are just beautiful and very tempting. But I already have so many still unstitched BBD designs that I definitely have to stay away from buying them. I will just look at your stitched pieces and adore them. I also love your start on the Drawn Thread project.

Margaret said...

Love the gifts from Carol, and your stitching is wonderful too. I'm having a hard time resisting that BBD series. Sigh.

Clare said...

Love BBD stitching. `Christmas Thoughts` by Drawn Thread I started before Christmas but must pick it up again. Your post has made me think of it.Maybe Sundays could be the day for stitching this too. :) Happy Stitching.

Carol said...

So good to see what you've been working on, Lois! Your finish is gorgeous and the color changes you made are perfect... I so love the DT chart, too... Love all of her charts, actually, but I rarely have the threads to stitch them and then get nervous about making substitutions. I look forward to watching this sampler grow :)

So glad you liked my little gift--I had such fun stitching the Santa for you!

Happy February, my friend!

Lynda Harrison said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the BBD Cherry Orchard, and especially the thread change used for the cherries - it sets the whole design off perfectly!
Have a lovely week!

valerie said...

Lois, Your BBD Basket of Cherries is so pretty and I think your thread sub looks fantastic. Great start on the BBD Apple Tree and I just love your Drawn Thread Christmas start. That chart is one I've been eyeing. What a wonderful gift from Carol! Her finishing is always so pretty.

mainelystitching said...

This is a great BBD series - and your switching the cherry color really improves the end result, IMHO.

Catherine said...

Love your stitches!! And love the treats from Carol! Her finishes are always a treat!

Sally said...

A beautiful finish and two equally beautiful new starts! I shall enjoy watching your progress on them especially the DT one.

Lovely gifts from Carol.