Monday, February 29, 2016

Stitching goings-on in February

Hi everyone!  Well, here I am for the second time, sneaking in right at the end of the month with a blog post.  I can’t say that I’ve had turbo needles this month my stitching has been more slow and steady but I do have things to share.

Last time I had made a start on this one….


BBD's Apple Orchard  #3 Garden Club Series

As you can see it’s now ready to be consigned to the finish pile.  I must admit to me this seemed like a lot of leaf stitching and didn’t really fill me with lots of enthusiasm.  However, once I started stitching I loved the colours and completely changed my mind about how much I liked it.   This was stitched using the suggested threads and the same mystery fabric as the first one.

With the second one finished I’d the third waiting in the wings.. Here’s my progress so far..


BBD's Honey Bee #4 Garden Club Series

Once again I’m using the suggested threads on the same mystery fabric.  What I’m not doing is stitching on two different pieces of fabric and joining them up.  I decided I would stitch this on one piece.

Given that I’m only stitching Christmas Thoughts Sampler from The Drawn Thread on Sundays I don’t have much progress to share but there is a little bit…


Aside from only stitching this on a Sunday there were also a couple of Sundays this month where no stitching happened at all.  I’m using the suggested 32ct Summer Khaki Belfast Linen and threads.

And that’s my stitching round-up for this time. I don’t have much left to stitch on BBD’s Honey Bee so I’m hoping there’ll be a finish to report in March.  The 4th in the series is waiting in the wings so that will likely be my next start.  Yes, I’m aiming to have this whole series stitched this year.


Until next time…….

16 comments:

Clare said...

What a lovely stitching time you have had.:) Happy Stitching.

Marilyn said...

The Blackbird pieces look so pretty.
And Christmas Thoughts is coming along nicely.
Marilyn

Christina said...

Christmas Thoughts is lovely. Summer khaki is one of my favourite fabrics to stitch on.

Vickie said...

So pretty. I especially love the Drawn Thread piece.

Lynda Harrison said...

You've done really well in the last month - I love the colours in the Blackbirds, and your Drawn Thread sampler is very pretty too.
Happy stitching!

carol fun said...

I'm loving the BBD pieces... I have these in my stash and I think I'll do them on one piece of fabric too. What a cute Christmas piece...Drawn Thread has great designs and your stitching looks wonderful!

Katrina said...

Wonderful stitching, look forward to seeing more of the Drawn Thread, have a good week!

Penny said...

I have to say that initially this current series didn't really appeal to me. Seeing them stitched has changed my mind. Like the idea of them being stitched on one piece of fabric too. Your Drawn Thread piece is looking lovely!

Brigitte said...

These Garden Club charts by BBD are wonderful designs. I haven't seen them on many blogs so far but what I have seen is beautiful. I restrain myself from buying more BBD charts, I already have so many and most of them are unstitched. (I might have said this in my last comment, too, so please, excuse the kind of double comment, lol). And you made some nice progress on your Christmas piece. Slow stitching also leads to finished piece :)

Maggee said...

I really like the leaves you stitched! Those are both really nice, and I look forward to seeing the series finished! The Drawn Thread one looks good so far too! Thanks for sharing!

valerie said...

I am really enjoying seeing your stitching on the Garden series. They are lovely designs. Also love your DT Christmas piece...she's one of my favorite designers. So nice to see a post from you. :)

Margaret said...

I'm loving this BBD series. it's so pretty -- I love that top design the best of them all. Love your DT progress too!

Carol said...

I'd say you've been very busy, Lois!! I love the BBD piece finish with those wonderful colors and your BBD WIP is darling, too--they swill look great joined up on one piece! I've always loved the DT designs and your progress on Christmas Thoughts is looking great.

I hope you had a truly memorable day on Monday--I was thinking about you and the Queen :)

Sally said...

A beautiful finish, Lois, and a lovely new start.

Love your progress on Christmas Thoughts Sampler.

Riverside Stitching said...

Love your stitching, Lois. Just beautiful!

Riverside Stitching said...

Love your stitching, Lois. Just beautiful!