Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas stitching.....

Hi everyone!  Well, I think it is fair to say that blogging this year, for me, has been woeful! I can only hope for better in 2017!  I wanted to drop by though before Christmas to share some of the seasonal stitching that I’ve worked out this last while.

First up, is Plum Street Samplers Merry Friends from the Jack’s Sweet Shoppe series.  I loved all of Paulette’s recent new releases but limited myself (for now!) to adding two to my stash– this one and Pomegranate Santa. 


This one isn’t stitched on the suggested fabric, it’s a 28ct Permin Lambswool which was in my fabric stash and I used a mix of the suggested threads – some of the overdyeds, some DMC. 

I bought this frame years ago.  I even remember the chart I originally planned to stitch for it but that one still sits unstitched!  When I’d finished Merry Friends I thought it might work and I’m really pleased with how it looks.


Next up, some Christmas ornament stitching.  These have all been received so I can share on here.

This ornament made its way across the Atlantic to my dear friend Carol at Stitching Dreams.  .  This is from the Prairie Schooler booklet Christmas Strawberries and I’ve wanted to stitch these for many years.  Having now done this one for Carol and being pleased with how it turned out. I may well try and stitch the others for next Christmas.  I think they would look lovely hanging together.


This is the ornament I stitched for my lovely friend Margaret.  We had coffee and exchanged gifts last week and she was under strict instructions to open the ornament one ahead of the 25th so she could have it hanging on her tree for longer than a few days.  I stitch one for her each year and this is the one I chose to do this year….


It’s from The Little Stitcher’s booklet Twelve Days of Christmas – Book One. Again, this is another series of ornaments that would look lovely all stitched together.  Fabric from my stash and using the suggested threads.

Next is the ornament I stitched for my daughter’s Christmas tree.  This year I went for a Santa and picked this one by Prairie Schooler from their booklet Christmas Day.  Another one that I stitched on fabric from my stash but used the suggested threads.


And that’s really been it with my stitching lately.  I’ve made a bit of progress on BBD’s Garden Club Series and have a plan in mind for how I will finish them but I still have 6 of them to stitch so I’m aiming to complete that in 2017. I do want to start on PSS Pomegranate Santa, have it all kitted and ready to go so that will be likely be my next stitching project.  Other than that, I have some ideas swirling around in my head for what I’ll stitch in 2017. 

Christmas is only 2 days away!  How did 2016 go in so quickly!  DS#2 arrives home later today with DS#1 arriving tomorrow morning.  My daughter and her family stay in England this year for Christmas but will be here on the 28th to see in the New Year. I’m pretty much ready for Christmas, I have some baking to do today but the turkey and all the trimmings have been bought, the gifts have been wrapped and I do not intend to go near a shop until after Christmas! Whatever your plans for Christmas are, I hope you have a wonderful time.


Until next time……

13 comments:

Vickie said...

So good to see a post by you Lois! You are missed so you know. ;)
Love your sweet Christmas pieces. Adorable gifts!
Merry, Blessed Christmas!

valerie said...

Gorgeous finishes Lois! I love your PSS Santa. It was very hard to resist the new releases. I hope you have a very, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Katrina said...

Such lovely stitching Lois :) Seasons Greetings from New Zealand!

Barb said...

You shared so much lovely Christmas stitching. Have a wonderful holiday!

Marilyn said...

All of your Christmas stitching is so pretty.
Wishing you a fun time time with your family at Christmas.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Happy Christmas! Love seeing your stitching -- beautiful! We are all gathered for Christmas -- aha! I think everyone is now up!! Time for presents!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Lois, such a lot of wonderful Christmas stitching. All these ornaments are so beautiful and the recipients must have been thrilled to get them. Great gifts indeed. I agree, these series of ornaments must look great all together on the tree.
I see that you are already planning your new stitching year. I love doing this too and it's always a lot of fun.
I hope you were having a wonderful Christmas Day and wish you a Happy New Year!

Ali said...

Beautiful finnishes Lois, I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays x

Justine said...

What beautiful ornaments you have made! I especially love the Strawberry you sent to Carol, so unusual and perfectly finished. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Carol said...

It's always so good to see a blog post from you, dear Lois! I just love that PSS Merry Friends finish so much--so much that I put it on my Christmas list :) And you know I am so thankful for your sweetly stitched strawberry ornament (and all the other goodies!) you sent for Christmas.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family and I look forward to more inspiring blog posts in 2017! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead...

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishes Lois, I love Merry Friends

Sally said...

Gorgeous Christmas finishes Lois. Love the PS Merry Friends. It's so cute!

Happy Stitching said...

Just found your blog and very lovely stitching!